• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rhodes vs Marshall

shaka

International Regular
Rhodes created the backward point as the pivotal position and made it his own. Marshall learned from Rhodes style

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jonty Rhodes was untouchable. Far and away the finest fielder of the 90s. I think Marshall can only dream of being in the league of Jonty Rhodes, as good as he is.

Blaze

Banned
I can see Marshall ending his career as a better batsman than Rhodes but he is no way near as good a fielder as Jonty was.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jonty was the best fielder of our generation, and a rather underrated batsman. I don't think he ever lived up to his own potential as a batsman though. He was perhaps the finest player of spin in that SA side.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
jonty, just watching him in the fica world xi series v the black caps he was every where and what i remember of him playing he is definitely better than marshall. although marshall has many years still in him

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Jonty is without doubt the finest fielder I have ever seen. Marshall is quick and lively as well, but just doesn't stop them as consistently as Jonty did. He also has a bit of a tendency to drop sitters/regulation catches.

Shoaib

Banned
Marshall can never be a better fielder than Rhodes even if he practices & plays cricket for 100 years.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Warwickshire fans here might think a certain Trevor Penney is in Jonty league, Penney is definitely quicker between the wickets.. also a fellow named Colin Bland..

Apart from that, he is without equal..

open365

International Vice-Captain
whoooo,i've played against a side the hamish's brother coached!

collingwood kicks everones *** when it comes to fielding,even the mighty 'can't keep him out of the game' kevin pietersen.