Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oh my, matching fixing again . . .

oh my, matching fixing again . . .

damn this match fixing crap, i've had it with this. why can't these idiots just keep cricket simple and stop ruining everything for passionate cricket followers. i seriously wanna thrash the hell out of the next person i find out is involved in match fixing, if only i could.
    now new speculations about the tri-series being match-fixed, simply ridiculous.

Feel better now?
    Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

"This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    now new speculations about the tri-series being match-fixed, simply ridiculous.
    Why ? Because you dont think its possible ?

In a country where one so clearly implicated as was Azharuddin is at best not played again but continues to be a page 3 celebrity, what do you expect ?

Where is the shame, let alone punishment that will prove a deterrent, if anything will.

In a country where if you have your daughter marrying out of love but out of caste or religion, the family will leave the village or town and live in anonymity if not commit mass suicide but where such scoundrels are feted and still attend all major events as invitees, what do you expect ?

I am not writing this to decry my country. I am writing this in deep anguish since i love my homeland and am ashamed of what goes on.

This is not to say that the rumours are proven just that it is very much in the realms of possibility.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    What is this new match fixing scandal and whose names have been implied?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    In a country where if you have your daughter marrying out of love but out of caste or religion, the family will leave the village or town and live in anonymity if not commit mass suicide but where such scoundrels are feted and still attend all major events as invitees, what do you expect ?

I am not writing this to decry my country. I am writing this in deep anguish since i love my homeland and am ashamed of what goes on.
    Dear SJS,speaking the bitter truth about the Indo-Pak region's pityable condition is the biggest crime in these respective countries.Don't u know that?Things r little better in Pakistan but not very different than India.Whenever I try to tell people the bitter & shameful facts,they think that I've got mad or drunk.And if u try to tell these facts in public,u might be killed for speaking truth.Truth is the biggest crime here.So,before becoming a criminal next time,think a 100 times.Whenever I tell people that Akram was a match fixer,they say that we cannot bear the insult of our hero.And some people ask me,r u an Indian?

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    What is this new match fixing scandal and whose names have been implied?
    Read today's Mumbai edition of The Times of India its the headline on the frontpage !!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Well, this may turn out to be true, but TOI are not the most reliable source.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Tri Series May Have Been fixed - ICC

I doubt if they will risk a front page headline and name ICC officials without any reason. Times of India is not a rag it is one of the world's oldest English Daily's and India's most prestigious.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Zimbabwe tri-series under match-fixing cloud

Here's another. This time from Rediff.

Hexxagon Champion!
    I hope none of the players turn up for questioning.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Times of India is a tabloid. Anyone who calls it a newspaper doesn't know the difference between a newspaper and a tabloid. World's oldest daily my $$$. India's most prestigious Newspaper, my foot !!

So Fleming cant' rest his main players in a useless match ? If India's had won this final, same Tabloid of India would have sang hosannas in praise of Sehwag, Dhoni etc. Why cant we give credit to NZ for a superb win ? They batted/bowled/fielded better than India and deserved to win. It is really unfair for NZ team and players.

I am sick of people badmouthing India at every given opportunity. At least in India Azhar is banned as opposed to Waugh/Warne/Gibbs/Boje/Stewart etc. Before picking out on India, they should have read about Cronje who was given a 200,000 pound media contract after matchfixing and Cronje was not an Indian. Have you heard of OJ simpson, Mohammade al Fayed etc ?

And using this thread to post your nonsense about social issue(which is a gross generalization anyway) is what makes you an opportunist, where you just want an opportunity to badmouth India. Social problems are there in every country and India is no exception, we are gettign better slowly but we are.

C_C
    Times of India online version is NOTHING like its on print version. Its basically like the Wall Street Journal running The Enquirer as its online version.

India's low par performance is a reason for the investigations? Maybe we're just not good?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    nobody had better mention my korean betting syndicate

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Why cant we give credit to NZ for a superb win ?
    Thats all that need to be said. But people HAVE to make ish complicated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information