• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

oh my, matching fixing again . . .

adharcric

International Coach
damn this match fixing crap, i've had it with this. why can't these idiots just keep cricket simple and stop ruining everything for passionate cricket followers. i seriously wanna thrash the hell out of the next person i find out is involved in match fixing, if only i could.
now new speculations about the tri-series being match-fixed, simply ridiculous.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
now new speculations about the tri-series being match-fixed, simply ridiculous.
Why ? Because you dont think its possible ?

In a country where one so clearly implicated as was Azharuddin is at best not played again but continues to be a page 3 celebrity, what do you expect ?

Where is the shame, let alone punishment that will prove a deterrent, if anything will.

In a country where if you have your daughter marrying out of love but out of caste or religion, the family will leave the village or town and live in anonymity if not commit mass suicide but where such scoundrels are feted and still attend all major events as invitees, what do you expect ?

I am not writing this to decry my country. I am writing this in deep anguish since i love my homeland and am ashamed of what goes on.

This is not to say that the rumours are proven just that it is very much in the realms of possibility.

Shoaib

Banned
SJS said:
In a country where if you have your daughter marrying out of love but out of caste or religion, the family will leave the village or town and live in anonymity if not commit mass suicide but where such scoundrels are feted and still attend all major events as invitees, what do you expect ?

I am not writing this to decry my country. I am writing this in deep anguish since i love my homeland and am ashamed of what goes on.
Dear SJS,speaking the bitter truth about the Indo-Pak region's pityable condition is the biggest crime in these respective countries.Don't u know that?Things r little better in Pakistan but not very different than India.Whenever I try to tell people the bitter & shameful facts,they think that I've got mad or drunk.And if u try to tell these facts in public,u might be killed for speaking truth.Truth is the biggest crime here.So,before becoming a criminal next time,think a 100 times.Whenever I tell people that Akram was a match fixer,they say that we cannot bear the insult of our hero.And some people ask me,r u an Indian?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
What is this new match fixing scandal and whose names have been implied?
Read today's Mumbai edition of The Times of India its the headline on the frontpage !!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Times of India is a tabloid. Anyone who calls it a newspaper doesn't know the difference between a newspaper and a tabloid. World's oldest daily my $$$. India's most prestigious Newspaper, my foot !!

So Fleming cant' rest his main players in a useless match ? If India's had won this final, same Tabloid of India would have sang hosannas in praise of Sehwag, Dhoni etc. Why cant we give credit to NZ for a superb win ? They batted/bowled/fielded better than India and deserved to win. It is really unfair for NZ team and players.

I am sick of people badmouthing India at every given opportunity. At least in India Azhar is banned as opposed to Waugh/Warne/Gibbs/Boje/Stewart etc. Before picking out on India, they should have read about Cronje who was given a 200,000 pound media contract after matchfixing and Cronje was not an Indian. Have you heard of OJ simpson, Mohammade al Fayed etc ?

And using this thread to post your nonsense about social issue(which is a gross generalization anyway) is what makes you an opportunist, where you just want an opportunity to badmouth India. Social problems are there in every country and India is no exception, we are gettign better slowly but we are.

C_C

International Captain
Times of India online version is NOTHING like its on print version. Its basically like the Wall Street Journal running The Enquirer as its online version.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India's low par performance is a reason for the investigations? Maybe we're just not good?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
India's low par performance is a reason for the investigations? Maybe we're just not good?
Of course we are not. Match fixing is not always indulged in by clear favourites.

Nor is match fixing, any more, based on final outcome of the match. I think this has been known for long time now for us to think match fixing only means a team throwing away a match. It can be little things which individuals (including captains) can do.

Betting is on all kinds of things including batting orders, winning the toss, who bats first, who bowls first change etc etc. The list is endless.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SJS said:
Of course we are not. Match fixing is not always indulged in by clear favourites.

Nor is match fixing, any more, based on final outcome of the match. I think this has been known for long time now for us to think match fixing only means a team throwing away a match. It can be little things which individuals (including captains) can do.

Betting is on all kinds of things including batting orders, winning the toss, who bats first, who bowls first change etc etc. The list is endless.
You are right. But I am still not gonna come out here and bad mouth so and so players based on a headline in one newspaper in India. I live in Chennai and around here, The Hindu is the best newspaper and they have said nothing about this, except Ranbir Singh Mahendra's declaration that if something were to come up, it would be investigated by the BCCI. I am gonna wait for some official word on the subject before throwing comments around.

Deja moo

International Captain
According to todays TOI, two ICC officials were recently in mumbai to investigate four top bookies as well as a "swashbuckling batsman" and two pace bowlers ( all from India).

Deja moo

International Captain
Oh, and it has been confirmed that it was indeed Muralitharan who was a regular at the dance bar of the bar girl who regularly spent her money betting on matches, including the recent Ashes.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Oh, and it has been confirmed that it was indeed Muralitharan who was a regular at the dance bar of the bar girl who regularly spent her money betting on matches, including the recent Ashes.
Not just a regular visitor. According to Mumbai police sources, the over two million rupees in cash found with her belong to the famous spinner !!