• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

oh my, matching fixing again . . .

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
Not just a regular visitor. According to Mumbai police sources, the over two million rupees in cash found with her belong to the famous spinner !!
But we all know how corrupt Indias police are, so these are obviously false reports ;)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
But we all know how corrupt Indias police are, so these are obviously false reports ;)
Of course. How can our cricketers who bathe in the holy Ganges be anything.......

C_C

International Captain
SJS said:
Not just a regular visitor. According to Mumbai police sources, the over two million rupees in cash found with her belong to the famous spinner !!
Surely, the same man who argued that Shane Warne was just a victim of an unfortunate incident isnt suggesting that Murali is doing anything apart from having a last bang before he gets shackled and chained into holy matrimony ?
Geez. Some people have no consistency.
8-) 8-)

Deja moo

International Captain
C_C said:
Surely, the same man who argued that Shane Warne was just a victim of an unfortunate incident isnt suggesting that Murali is doing anything apart from having a last bang before he gets shackled and chained into holy matrimony ?
Geez. Some people have no consistency.
8-) 8-)
It must be really unfortunate that he picked the one girl who happened to be part of a betting ring....

C_C

International Captain
Deja moo said:
It must be really unfortunate that he picked the one girl who happened to be part of a betting ring....

Oh i am definately not arguign in favour of Murali- i dont know what he did or if he did anything at all. I am just pointing out the inconsistency in some posters. The way they justify one act while immediately jumping the gun on another, when in reality factual basis doesnt differentiate between either, its sickeningly partisan.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
Oh i am definately not arguign in favour of Murali- i dont know what he did or if he did anything at all.
So you're just using it as a chance to attack Warne, the white guy.

Strange that...

Deja moo

International Captain
C_C said:
Oh i am definately not arguign in favour of Murali- i dont know what he did or if he did anything at all. I am just pointing out the inconsistency in some posters. The way they justify one act while immediately jumping the gun on another, when in reality factual basis doesnt differentiate between either, its sickeningly partisan.
Ah, okay.Fair enough. But sub-continental guys, especially respected cricketers, having a last fling is sort of a no-no in itself over here, so I guess thats why its being made such a big deal of.

C_C

International Captain
marc71178 said:
So you're just using it as a chance to attack Warne, the white guy.

Strange that...
And yet again yer defending a white guy. Strange at that, indeed.
What is most strange, is that while i talk based on available evidence, your reasoning is utterly inexplicable and childish. Are you really sure that you arnt a covert member of the Aryan Nation ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Deja, the same Mumbai Police has following to say on this Murali issue :-

"So far nothing concrete has come out of the probe that can prove Tarannum's links with Sri Lankan spinner or any other star, but we are still pursuing the leads,"

I dont know how can anyone say that the 22 lakhs discovered from the girl belonged to Murali unless the Police comes out in open and says it (which they will if they have ample proof).

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Actually it is getting little ridiculous here. On this forum one member has almost declared that Murali involved in this who issue, one has said that ICC is investigating "one swashbuckling Indian batsman and two pace bowlers" from India on the basis of some news floated in tabloids.

Here are things in reality :-

* Mumbai Police is unware of any ICC team visiting Mumbai and meeting them

* BCCI is unaware of any ACU team visiting India

* Mumbai Police has no evidence of any link between BarGirl & Murali (or any other cricketer)

* ICC can't comment/cinfirm on ACU investigation because ACU is an independent body

* ICC will go on nominating players even if they are being investigated by ACU.

Lastly, I am not saying that this cant be true, but I refuse to believe the so called 'Sources' and would prefer to wait until Police comes out and says so.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
And yet again yer defending a white guy. Strange at that, indeed.
What is most strange, is that while i talk based on available evidence, your reasoning is utterly inexplicable and childish. Are you really sure that you arnt a covert member of the Aryan Nation ?
I haven't defended anyone, just commented on the FACT that you've brought Warne in for absolutely no justifiable reason.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I haven't defended anyone, just commented on the FACT that you've brought Warne in for absolutely no justifiable reason.
No Marc, Actually it was you who attacked CC by accusing CC of attacking a 'white guy' . CC, in this case, was not attacking Warne, he was merely pointing the inconsistency shown by some members on this forum.

And Boy these people will not find a place to hide now(after all that is what they deserve for believeing a tabloid).

ICC dismisses reports of match-fixing as inaccurate

LONDON, SEP 14 (PTI)
International Cricket Council today dismissed media reports alleging match-fixing in the recent triangular ODI tournament in Zimbabwe as totally inaccurate and without foundation.

ICC Chief Executive Malcolm Speed said that in light of the wildly inaccurate reports in certain sections of the Indian media it was necessary to take the unusual step of clarifying on the activities of the Anti-Corruption Unit.

"We do not normally comment on the operational activities of the ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit but in light of the volume of utterly unfounded reports relating to the recent tri-series in Zimbabwe, it is important to make it clear that there is no investigation being undertaken into this series," said Speed in a statement from the ICC here.

"It is disappointing to see such wild and unfounded accusations circulating in the media and we have taken the unusual step of commenting on this speculation as we do not wish the reputation of the sport, the teams or the players to be tarnished by utterly inaccurate media reports." The ICC's Anti-Corruption and Security Unit frequently travels to all ICC Full Member countries and travel plans to visit many of these countries, including India, are already in place, the ICC statement said.

No details of these travel plans are publicly circulated and no comment will be made on the nature of the ICC ACSU's operations in these member countries, the statement added.

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=322954

C_C

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Is 'compare the response mr X garnered in a similar circumstance to mr Y' an unjustifiable train of thought ?
By that logic, investigative psychology and criminal investigations are absolutely baseless,eh ?
But then ofcourse, you are the guy who forever attaches the epithet of 'racist' to me whenever i bring in a white guy to compare and contrast to the response garnered by a non-white guy for a very similar action.
Again i ask- are you really a member of the Aryan Nation or its like ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sanz is right. It is really unfortunate that some of the better members of this forum have been jumping the gun on this issue. No one has any proof about this allegation against Murali, so they should just basically shut up. And this match fixing nonsense has been answered to by the ICC. And there the matter shall rest.