• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My first 50 of the season

cricket player

International Debutant
We had some problems with our ground,The outfield was really wet so the umpires decided that we will play in another ground and the overs were reduce to 25 from 45,My captain won the the toss and decided to bat first,

captain signal to me to pad up :D So I did and I was ready to destroye the opposition,First ball I faced I leg glanced it to leg side for 2 runs and I continued and hit a awsome four loft it over the infield for four,

I kept looking for singles and doubles and 3s I almost ended up batting the 25 over I was run out at 24 over though,

This is the first 50 of the season for me and many more to come,

As am 15 year old I am looking to hit a 100 although if the out field would have been fast I would have ended up making 100 I hit some lovely shots through the covers,only manage to take 2 rather then 4 because of the slow out field,

Anways I only hit one four so you know how hard I worked for this one,

Here is the score card go down and there is a guy name GANESH who has written the match repord and I also took two wickets and it says Fardin 50 I am not trying to make this a big deal it was just that I want to share it with you guys ok bye.

http://www.ncalcricket.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1372

And by the way the match ended up a tie it was awsome.

cricket player

International Debutant
burkey_1988 said:
Bob!!! Well done old chap. Let's get to a century next time
I am not old though :p I am just 15.

anyways yeah I will be looking for a centurie so just that I can believe in my ability.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
cricket player said:

anyways yeah I will be looking for a centurie so just that I can believe in my ability.
Not old enough ??? I don't understand :p

cricket player

International Debutant
Monty said:
good work mate any tips on scoring big scores
I am an opener so my advice is just play your self in play few overs even though if it goes maiden dont worry get your self in and after that keep looking to find the gaps look for twos and 3s and if they are hard to get just look for single and give your partner the strike.

Anything that is lose should go for runs because you rarely get a lose ball so make the most out of it,

Remember concentrate hard and know what you are doing be a step ahead of the bowler will always help,

hope it helps bye.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
cricket player said:

I know 13/14 year olds whove scored century's at higher level then you play. so it isnt impossible if you work hard enough

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well done, Bob.

It took me 5 years of playing before I hit a fifty, then another 10 years before I hit a hundred.

You'll get yours this season or next.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
still stuck on 43 myself :@

though best bowling figures of 5/8 in 4.4 2nd best is 4-45 in 10 :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Fardin! You impress me no end.

I play my first school game tomorrow and will look to mimic your effort... even if I am batting at 7, 8. :laugh:

Shoaib

Banned
cricket player said:
I am an opener so my advice is just play your self in play few overs even though if it goes maiden dont worry get your self in and after that keep looking to find the gaps look for twos and 3s and if they are hard to get just look for single and give your partner the strike.

Anything that is lose should go for runs because you rarely get a lose ball so make the most out of it,

Remember concentrate hard and know what you are doing be a step ahead of the bowler will always help,

hope it helps bye.
Give the same bunch of tips to Shahid Afridi.Congratulations on playing a good innings anyways and keep it up.

Last edited: