• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My first 50 of the season

cricket player

International Debutant
hitting a centurie at number 7 is very good Blaze,

although opening the inning is also good,but you have to contain with the swing obvoisely you have to be a good player to open,

Monty

U19 Cricketer
cricket player said:
that is right.\
So have you ever opened the inning for your club?
are you eligble your the usa national side
if so we might see you on telly one day

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The captain of my old school team (the 1st XI, not my 3rd XI), who is an extremely talented batsman but has been plagued by high expectations all his career (he played 1st XI cricket at 14), was one of the best school batsmen I ever saw, but never hit a hundred for the school. He scored them in club cricket, but in almost 100 games for the school over 7 years, he never made it.

He made 91* at the age of 15 to win a game against a good side, then he hit 92* this season to take us to our first victory in 26 years against one of the strongest school sides in the country, Eastbourne College - but those two were the closest he ever came. Although he did hit 59* in his last game for the school, as captain, against the MCC, finishing off the game, and his school career, with a six - which is cool whatever way you look at it, although it's not a century.

I've never even hit a six, let alone finish my school career with one. I finished my school career by lobbing the best bowler I've ever faced to mid-off, having made the scratchiest of scratchy 25-ball 5's. Not quite the same thing!

thierry henry

International Coach
I gave up cricket when I was about 7 and started playing again when I was 11. I never got past 23 until I was 15, and yet in that time I won several batting awards (cos I played for sh*t teams, mostly). I must have played about 35-40 innings in that time and had at least 6 scores between 20-23, and about 15 scores between 15-23. It was just uncanny.

Eventually I racked up a momentous 33, and then followed it up quickly with a 44. 44 then became my bogey score, as during my last year at school in the First XI I played about 8 or 9 innings and scored between 30-40 in about 6 of them. Eventually I managed 70 in my last game for the school and promptly retired.

Langeveldt

Soutie
My highest score is 83* made off 40 overs!

I've hit two 80's and a load of 50's.. As Im mainly a bowler who bats I don't always get considered much with the willow.. But I always value chipping in with 20 or 30 to support the bigger run scorers..