• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My first 50 of the season

dro87

U19 12th Man
good knock, hopefull this season you'll manage to get your ton... to converto 50's to 100s you just hava to concentrate, and think your always on 0....

Monty

U19 Cricketer
i always think of getting to the next ten like i am on zero i think of getting to 10 then 20 etc

dro87

U19 12th Man
ok, but when you get to 90 you'll get very neverous, my way has worked a couple of times (scored 3 centuries), but i never had any idea of my total until the crowd (team and family) strted clapping my ton! :cool:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well done Bob, great effort. :cool:

Personally, having been an opening batsman all my life, I've only ever hit one 50 - and that was batting at 5 and playing plenty of shots (mostly through mid-on :cool: ). Following my recent transformation from a Trescothick-a-like to an Atherton-a-like, I hope for a few more.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
dro87 said:
ok, but when you get to 90 you'll get very neverous, my way has worked a couple of times (scored 3 centuries), but i never had any idea of my total until the crowd (team and family) strted clapping my ton! :cool:
Ok from 90 on it makes sense. I'd just find it much more comforting thinking I was on 64 than on 0.

dro87

U19 12th Man
cricket player said:
exactly james,

Thinking that you are on zero wont help you at all.
sorry i was jus trying 2 give some advice... this is what i use... When you'll get a ton tell me how you did it... :p

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I know someone who's been out on 99. Not sure if it was him or his twin brother but one of them got out on 99 another time as well. Since I've been at my school no one's gotten a century yet. The best player to pass through got out in the 90s a few times in his last season for us though.

cricket player

International Debutant
If not this season next season I will hit a ton,

For some of you who thinks hitting tons in usa is really easy,but trust me it is not,

The out field is so slow you wont even believe it and hitting a ton requires alot of running and also lots of stamina,

and also the bowlers are good as well I will be facing a first class bowler next season it will be a good test to see where i am at this level,

Anyways I am planing to hit my ton before I get 16.

dro87

U19 12th Man
I know it's not that easy scoring runs in the USA, cos i play in Italy, infact my first century was scored against Wycombe house (in the UK) when i was just 13, 117*... Just pure timing, only 1 six...

Blaze

Banned
I have made 2 centries. Both batting at number 7. Both when my team was in deep ****.

Haven't made one recently though. :@