• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand A in Sri Lanka

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The RSA A side was very bowler heavy... The opening bowler batted #7, and De Bruyn didnt get a bowl in either innings.....

Natman20

International Debutant
Prince EWS said:
Why is Franklin playing?

I would have assumed that he would be part of the mainstream NZ team by now...
Franklin is reasonable but could be better. O'brien I thought looked reasonable against Australia and I want to see how he goes on over there. :wacko:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Natman20 said:
Franklin is reasonable but could be better. O'brien I thought looked reasonable against Australia and I want to see how he goes on over there. :wacko:
I thought O'Brien looked absolutely pathetic against Australia to tell you the truth.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just looked up the stats of Weerakoon, and why the hell hasnt he ever got a test match?

I understand that Murali has been in front of him, but players such as Herath, Dhamasena, Chandana and Lochurachi have been given games over him for absolutely no reason at all.

Code:
class	  mat	  balls	  runs	  wkts	  bbi	  bbm	  ave	  econ	  sr	  4	  5	 10
FC	  87	  16461	  6765	  354	  7/47	  	  19.11	  2.46	  46.50	  	  19	  7
List A	  51	  2282	  1263	  69	  3/13	  3/13	  18.30	  3.32	  33.07	  0	  0

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
^ ^ ^
Looks like SA 'A' side saved another certain defeat had there been enough time for SL'A' to bowl them out (with the exception of Amla) !!

dinu23

International Debutant
well dharmasena,chandana,lockuarachi are considered as allrounders. weerakoon is mainly a bowler. i don't think it will be long before he'll get a game.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Natman20 said:
Schedule
http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/RSA-A_IN_SL/SA-A_IN_SL_SEP-OCT2005_SCHEDULE.html

NZ Squad
*Peter Fulton
James Franklin
Chris Harris
+Gareth Hopkins
Jamie How
James Marshall
Bruce Martin
Chris Martin
Iain O'Brien
Michael Papps
Jeetan Patel
Jesse Ryder
Matthew Sinclair
Daryl Tuffey
Where the hell is Ian Butler ????? Or any bowler with any genuine pace????? I juat hope that they might be including him in the main oneday squad against SA, otherwise unless he's injured I reckon the selections have lost the plot. We need another paceman to back up Bond...both in tests and onedayers and there are no up and coming pacers in the lineup above.

I still reckon Butler bowled really well in the final of the Natwest series in England last year, troubled the batsmen with genuine pace and the 2nd onedayer against Aust in Aust last year he was more than decent and we haven't seen him since :@

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
When are people going to realise that pace isn't enough? Otherwise AUS would have won the ashes with Lee and Tait bowling.

Butler is an inconsistent, run charity of a bowler that seldom threatens any decent batsman. I'd be more than willing to change my mind if he started taking wickets at a regular basis at FC level.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
NZ A is a pretty strong team. I particularly want to see Fulton, How, Sinclair, and Ryder do well. Franklin could also do with a few wickets before summer arrives.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Scarlet said:
NZ A is a pretty strong team. I particularly want to see Fulton, How, Sinclair, and Ryder do well. Franklin could also do with a few wickets before summer arrives.
Yeah Franklin always looks likely to get wickets although his body language does bother me

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
JASON said:
^ ^ ^
Looks like SA 'A' side saved another certain defeat had there been enough time for SL'A' to bowl them out (with the exception of Amla) !!
I think that light was an issue - otherwise Jayaweera would probably have been asked to bowl more, I'm guessing as he's an RMF the umpires only wanted spinners to bowl.

Just a shame about the waterlogged pitch in Kandy or there might have been a 4-day contest instead of 3-day :)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
zinzan12 said:
Where the hell is Ian Butler ????? Or any bowler with any genuine pace????? I juat hope that they might be including him in the main oneday squad against SA, otherwise unless he's injured I reckon the selections have lost the plot. We need another paceman to back up Bond...both in tests and onedayers and there are no up and coming pacers in the lineup above.

I still reckon Butler bowled really well in the final of the Natwest series in England last year, troubled the batsmen with genuine pace and the 2nd onedayer against Aust in Aust last year he was more than decent and we haven't seen him since :@
Butler was wanted for this tour, but he turned it down, preferring to work with the bowling coach who helped Harmison turn things around, Troy Cooley.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10338776

It'll be hard for Butler to put up 'pick me' stats if he bowls a Harmison-like length in NZ domestic conditions IMO, but hopefully Cooley can convince him that he shouldn't always blame slow pitches or dumb selections for his problems, and that he still has a long way to go in terms of developing accuracy and bowling savvy.

Last edited: