• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Richie Benaud moment

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
He got a standing ovation during the tea break.

And it was quite a good moment when Simon Hughes did a piece on Warne and said something like "this test is the last we'll see of one great leg spinner in England... and the last we'll see of another" before it went back to Richie.
WRT Warne, I'm not so sure it will be his last visit as a test player now. He's made those who said he's not bowling as well as he was (Mark Waugh, take a bow!) look pretty daft.

If the desire remains, I think he may just be back 4 years hence. You heard it here first! ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
zinzan12 said:
I was asleep in NZ for the last session. Did they do anything or say anything to acknowledge Benaud's last commentary stint??
It took me by surprise, he finished 2 hours before the end of the game.

Started talking about the music played by the trumpeter all day, then said something about one piece he'd always liked by the Bocelli/Boardman duet "Time to Say Goodbye"

Just as he said that this was exactly that time, McGrath clean bowled Pietersen to pick up his last Test wicket in England.

Next we knew he'd gone.