• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flintoff or Beckham

steds

Hall of Fame Member
IMO, Beckham isn't even a good footballer. Yeah, so he can take free kicks. Big whoop. Maybe it's just my Rugby League orientated brain missing stuff, but he seems a bit of a one trick pony to me.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
what is the aim of comparing them, but anyway both are Lancastrain sporting hero's & i love them both :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
what is the aim of comparing them, but anyway both are Lancastrain sporting hero's & i love them both :D
Except one of them tries his hardest to be a ****ney. :sleep:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
steds said:
Except one of them tries his hardest to be a ****ney. :sleep:
Given that Beckham's from east London, I don't think he has to try all that hard.....

But it's Fred, by any reasonable comparison. Looks able to grow proper facial hair too, unlike Davina.....

Oh, & Fred's bird is 10 times fitter too! :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We can debate about who would be a better sportsman over all.

In cricket its Flintoff, in football its Beckham obviously.

But how would they match up in some other sports? Basketball, Tennis, Ice hockey, rugby, billiards, chess, car racing and stuff?

Also who would you say is more popular in cricket playing countries. Internationally Beckham is easily more popular if we consider all countries due to the wide reach of football.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Perhaps Flintoff should be given a chance to partner Wayne Rooney up front - I'm sure he'd do better than Michael "I've forgotten how to run" Owen these days.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
But how would they match up in some other sports? Basketball, Tennis, Ice hockey, rugby, billiards, chess, car racing and stuff?
Flintoff, Flintoff, Flintoff, Flintoff, Flintoff, Flintoff and Flintoff (seriously).

greg

International Debutant
Flintoff has mastered everything that has been required of him this summer - culminating in his exhibition of traditional English swing bowling this morning (to go with his previous mastery of defensive bowling, hit the deck attacking bowling and reverse swing bowling). Once he's mastered leg spin (surely a formality) I expect him to branch out with success into other areas.

greg

International Debutant
Not fair to compare Beckham now with Flintoff now. Compare the Beckham post Greece world cup qualifying game for a better comparison. And Beckham probably wins that one due to football's greater reach.

twctopcat

International Regular
greg said:
Not fair to compare Beckham now with Flintoff now. Compare the Beckham post Greece world cup qualifying game for a better comparison. And Beckham probably wins that one due to football's greater reach.
I kind of see what you mean but Beckham isn't the worst player in the world in terms of role model etc. He is a nice enough lad but doesn't have much between the ears - not really his fault. To be fair he has had a very good career given his talents much due to his hard work and application - fair play to him.

Freddy is just superhuman though, can't wait til he wins the sports personality - finally some value to the award.