• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flintoff or Beckham

twctopcat

International Regular
magsi23 said:
I thought beckham was Londoner? he only played for MAN U
From 'ackney as far as i remember but moved to manchester at about 14 i think post mcdonalds advert. Accent never changed though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
twctopcat said:
From 'ackney as far as i remember but moved to manchester at about 14 i think post mcdonalds advert. Accent never changed though.
By the pitch of his voice it sounds as if it never broke, either! :D

& I think he's from Leytonstone, much as I hate myself for knowing that.... 8-)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
greg said:
Flintoff has mastered everything that has been required of him this summer - culminating in his exhibition of traditional English swing bowling this morning (to go with his previous mastery of defensive bowling, hit the deck attacking bowling and reverse swing bowling). Once he's mastered leg spin (surely a formality) I expect him to branch out with success into other areas.
Do you want to stick your tongue any further up his a*se? :p

twctopcat

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
By the pitch of his voice it sounds as if it never broke, either! :D

& I think he's from Leytonstone, much as I hate myself for knowing that.... 8-)
I stand corrected. And don't worry it could be worse, you could know where posh comes from .
* Prays that he doesn't *

steds

Hall of Fame Member
quytst0rm said:
In American if you talk football/soccer the first name that comes is David Beckham.
That means he is high profile. Not necessarily that he's good

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
magsi23 said:
I thought beckham was Londoner? he only played for MAN U
yea but the fact that he played here makes him a sporting hero, its like with Vaughan he was born here but he plays for yorksh*te so he's their sporting hero.....