• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where and how did it all go wrong for Hayden?

open365

International Vice-Captain
Mathew Hayden has always been one of my favourite players and i was shocked to find he hadn't got a 100 for 30 innings,i knew he was in bad form but not that bad.

i haven't seen anythin of hayden(barring this ashes) since his world record 380 in 2003 so i was wondering where(and how) it all went wrong.

what was he playing like compared to how he played today?

i noticed he swept Ashley Giles more but i can't rember what he played like before 2003.

i've probably ordered this a bit vauge but any replies are appreciated.

cheers.

open365

International Vice-Captain
coming from someone who likes rugby leauge.......(no offense,i just prefer union)

simmy

International Regular
He didnt commit himself, never was up for the hard graft.... he finally did and finally got some runs.

cameeel

International Captain
open365 said:
Mathew Hayden has always been one of my favourite players and i was shocked to find he hadn't got a 100 for 30 innings,i knew he was in bad form but not that bad.

i haven't seen anythin of hayden(barring this ashes) since his world record 380 in 2003 so i was wondering where(and how) it all went wrong.

what was he playing like compared to how he played today?

i noticed he swept Ashley Giles more but i can't rember what he played like before 2003.

i've probably ordered this a bit vauge but any replies are appreciated.

cheers.
at least it ended at 30 innings, if he can keep batting for a while and make 150+ runs that should give him a huge boost, and should be enough to maintain his spot in the side

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Simple answer - planted his front foot, reached in front and tried to blast himself out of a slump.

Eventually, the penny dropped and he started to let the ball come to him.