• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
as much as i wud luv 2 c nz win they reali dnt have a chance. rsa will b 2 strong wit there batting and bowling. though hopefully nz stay injury free unlike the last time we went to africa

thierry henry

International Coach
whitedazzler said:
as much as i wud luv 2 c nz win they reali dnt have a chance. rsa will b 2 strong wit there batting and bowling. though hopefully nz stay injury free unlike the last time we went to africa

lmao

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Retox said:
YAY this is gonna be on Foxtel (in Australia) W00t.
Bout time they showed cricket. I remember staying up late watching Windies vs Sth Africa in 2003/4. Great times......

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa have improved since they came here last year. They were in dissaray almost but they've moved on and found some good talent.

NZ generally struggle over there, I think we'll win a game or two..but the series will be a very good achievement. Certainly we've got the side to do it..our ODI cricket has been extremely good over the last 2 years.

I reckon South Africa 3-2.

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tim said:
South Africa have improved since they came here last year. They were in dissaray almost but they've moved on and found some good talent.

NZ generally struggle over there, I think we'll win a game or two..but the series will be a very good achievement. Certainly we've got the side to do it..our ODI cricket has been extremely good over the last 2 years.

I reckon South Africa 3-2.
It's true that South Africa has improved a lot since they last played against NZ and South Africa has got a good home record against them but I believe that at the end of the day NZ will be better team and they will win the series.

What I like about this NZ team is that everytime they play well it's usually a different player who gets the job done which is what a good team is about.It will a great series and I can't wait for it!

It'll so good to see Shane Bond in action again :D ...missed him so much all these years.

I'm new here...aren't there any girls on this forum?

Natman20

International Debutant
whitedazzler said:
To be honest I don't think RSA are going to win this series. I think New Zealand has a strong team as has been shown over the last couple of years. Yes it still needs improving but I think their ODI team is in good shape at the moment and that is shown in the ratings. We might struggle without Cairns but he probably would not help because his form was quite bad in Zimbabwe but then again so was Orams really yet hes still in the team isnt he? Still a week to go before the first practise match hopefully we will remain as we are without injuries. I want to see Chris Harris back in the squad but who would you replace?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
Yeah SA will win IMO.

Where's the faith Blaze ?? Always the pessimist aren't you.

You didn't think we would win the final of that Indian, Zim and NZ tri-series either.

C'mon man - be positive.......I too think it will tight, but think NZ will win a close series

Blaze

Banned
zinzan12 said:
Where's the faith Blaze ?? Always the pessimist aren't you.

You didn't think we would win the final of that Indian, Zim and NZ tri-series either.

C'mon man - be positive.......I too think it will tight, but think NZ will win a close series

True I did, I have also been caught too many times expecting too much of us though.

For example I thought we would beat England in our test series there last winter and I thought we would give AUS a real run for thier money last summer in the ODI's

So I have figured whatever I predict, the opposite will happen ;)

We won't win a game.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Blaze said:
True I did, I have also been caught too many times expecting too much of us though.

For example I thought we would beat England in our test series there last winter and I thought we would give AUS a real run for thier money last summer in the ODI's

So I have figured whatever I predict, the opposite will happen ;)

We won't win a game.
rotf. What if this one actually comes true? ;)

Zinzan

zinzan12 said:
Should be a magnificent series. So much will depend on which team gains the mental stranglehold early on. For years South Africa had this mental edge against NZ, particularly in close games. However since NZ won that dramatic World Cup game in 2003, they quickly established a stronghold over the Africans taking the home oneday series 5-1 with many going to the wire.

Overall, I'd give NZ the slight edge, mainly due to the return of Bond. Although NZ's other seamers are a bit of a worry in Mills and out of form allrounders Oram and Cairns.

South Africa are never easy at home so it could go either way.
In hindsight with the dropping Cairns I'd say it should be pretty even.....The first match will mean so much because what I highlighted above about the mental stranglehold between these two sides over the years

Blaze

Banned
zinzan12 said:
In hindsight with the dropping Cairns I'd say it should be pretty even.....The first match will mean so much because what I highlighted above about the mental stranglehold between these two sides over the years
Your right, but remember in the last series SA won the first match and then lost the next 5.

Zinzan

Blaze said:
Your right, but remember in the last series SA won the first match and then lost the next 5.
True....Mid way though we really gained the mental edge....Its all about momentum when these two sides meet....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
And lets not forget that Martin Crowe is no stranger to controversy himself. Here he is again, stirring up a hornets nest.
In the last 6 months, Cairns has not been performing that well if you ask me...his fitness looks way off and I think the selectors did the right thing. There's no point keeping him in the side and pretending he'll make it to the World Cup.

He clearly needs to sharpen up (fitness wise) and get a bit of confidence back.

Natman20

International Debutant
I don't agree with Turner beign on selection panel. They had troubles with him last time he was involved in the team and I think its going to happen again. I half agree that Cairns needs practise but so does half the squad looking at their performances in the last series.