• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be backing my boys to win their 2nd consecutive test series in Pakistan for sure, who will win the ODI's is a million dollar question......

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
aussie said:
I'll be backing my boys to win their 2nd consecutive test series in Pakistan for sure, who will win the ODI's is a million dollar question......
I thought "your boys" was Australia.

cameeel

International Captain
The poms should have absolutely no trouble winning the test series, but i think Pakistan will win the ODI's, even when they're improving in test matches, England are still pretty bad at ODIs

My predictions - Eng 3-0 in the Test Series
Pak 4-1 in the ODIs

twctopcat

International Regular
cameeel said:
The poms should have absolutely no trouble winning the test series, but i think Pakistan will win the ODI's, even when they're improving in test matches, England are still pretty bad at ODIs

Pak 4-1 in the ODIs
With regard to the ODI's i can't help but think what freddy and co can do to the, shall we say, rather "inconsistent" pakistani seamers??? Should be interesting.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
cameeel said:

Pak 4-1 in the ODIs
I'd settle for that. They can have the ODI series.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
With regard to the ODI's i can't help but think what freddy and co can do to the, shall we say, rather "inconsistent" pakistani seamers??? Should be interesting.
word, i cant see either side winning 4-1, 3-2 seems more likely England may not have the greatest ODI record but looking at their performances this summer they have the making of a top ODI side with all-round strenght.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Should be a good win for England though I can see Pakistan pull of something and england being stupid.
though OD england will probably lose.

cameeel

International Captain
twctopcat said:
Akhtar & Flintoff loom as the danger-men in the series, if Flintoff continues to fire no one on the Pakistan team will be able to fully negate him, but if Akhtar can get his head together he's a devestating bowler on his day.

open365

International Vice-Captain
pakistan might be improving under Bob Woolmer but if England are odss on IMO.

Does anyone else see the selectors dropping harminson when England go on tour?

i know he did well agaisnt the west indies away but he admits himself he has a homesickness problem and pakistan would be likely to make him feel even worse.

i still think he will go but he'll get dropped for Tremlet halfway through.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it is still too early, but on current form, I would back England to win both series, but it will be closer than what many here seem to think. I back England to repeat INdia's results when they were last in Pak... 2-1 in tests and 3-2 in ODIs.

twctopcat

International Regular
To be honest i don't know where this "England are still pants at ODI's" come from. We got to the ICC final and certainly weren't blown away by the aussies this year. Oh and yeah, we have freddie. :D :D

Beleg

International Regular
The day England beats Pakistan 3-0 in tests IN Pakistan is the day I'll eat my computer - and that's not a Richard'ian promise.

PY

International Coach
Beleg said:
The day England beats Pakistan 3-0 in tests IN Pakistan is the day I'll eat my computer - and that's not a Richard'ian promise.
I'd say it's a distinct possibility but it doesn't depend on England at all, it completely depends what Pakistan turns up in the Test series.

On form Pakistan = 1-1
Average Pakistan = 2-1 England
Inconsistent, dross Pakistan = 3-0 England

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I tell you what. If England can win the Ashes, and then go on to beat Pakistan in Pakistan and India in India following that, that'd really be something. They've got a real opportunity here (clearly they're still in the middle of a battle for the Ashes :P) but English cricket could get an even bigger boost with two sub-continent test series wins.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
PY said:
I'd say it's a distinct possibility but it doesn't depend on England at all, it completely depends what Pakistan turns up in the Test series.

On form Pakistan = 1-1
Average Pakistan = 2-1 England
Inconsistent, dross Pakistan = 3-0 England
So even at their best, Pakistan can't beat England at home? I like the sound of that. :p

The big question is, though - who'll win the six-hitting contest? Flintoff, Pietersen, Afridi, or Razzaq? Should be a fun series! :D