• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World 14-man Test Squad

C_C

International Captain
marc71178 said:
And please tell us how many times in the last 3 years he's played any of them?

That'll be 3 games against the 2 Sri Lankans - 276 runs in those 3 games @ 69.

It's current form, and he has it in abundance over any other middle order batsman.
Irrelevant.
Current form is fine but you dont pick a player who is consistently poor against top notch bowling attacks. If tomorrow Ganguly started scoring runs against Zimbabwe and bangladesh and did it stupendously, i dont think he should displace Lara from the team.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
dravid beats ponting in his sleep at every point of their respective test careers.
put up the stats to prove that dawg, cause i fiind that hard to believe..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
Irrelevant.
Current form is fine but you dont pick a player who is consistently poor against top notch bowling attacks. If tomorrow Ganguly started scoring runs against Zimbabwe and bangladesh and did it stupendously, i dont think he should displace Lara from the team.
So in spite of me providing the stats, you still ignore them.

It's happening in more than one thread as well - funny that.

C_C

International Captain
So in spite of me providing the stats, you still ignore them.

It's happening in more than one thread as well - funny that.
Please DO provide stats for kallis against quality bowling attacks - ie, Wasim-Waqar, Murali-Vaas, McWarney, Curtley & Courtney, etc.

Please, let us see how well he has done to be considered 'solid'.

For best of the best, performance against the top teams and top bowling attacks matter. Rest is secondary- for inorder to be the best(or one of the best), you have to get it done consistently against the best.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I have provided stats about the time he has been at this level of performance.

They completely refute what you say about him, hence you ignore them...