• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Burn The Bails

burnthebails

Cricket Spectator
We're petitioning the ECB to BURN THE BAILS to mark England's amazing Ashes performance and to mark the seizmic shift in the world order of cricket. See http://burnthebails.com, enter your name in the petition and pass on asap to all your contacts. Cheers.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Why not?

I'd have waited until the series was over though, 'cause you'll look a bit foolish if Australia manage to retain the Ashes. If England win though, it'll mean quite a bit - there are plenty of kids who are moving into their twenties who would never have seen England beat Australia. I think there's reasonable potential for a bit of a shift in power, particularly if they can keep winning and beat Australia in Australia in the next Ashes.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slow Love™ said:
I'd have waited until the series was over though,
So would I, although if you remove the bails now and burn them, doesn't that negate the bowled dismissal? ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So would I, although if you remove the bails now and burn them, doesn't that negate the bowled dismissal? ;)

probably helps us more than you cause we have 20 wickets left in the match :p

nick-o

State 12th Man
age_master said:
probably helps us more than you cause we have 20 wickets left in the match :p
Think it would help England.

Aussies have to win, and without any bails many fewer wickets could fall -- nobody bowled, stumped, run out... Much harder to get a result.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
nick-o said:
Think it would help England.

Aussies have to win, and without any bails many fewer wickets could fall -- nobody bowled, stumped, run out... Much harder to get a result.
Impossible to get a result. Batsman stands at square leg. Dot balls every time.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Yes, but you have to get another 10.

We don't have to get any in theory.
Yea but certain England batsmen would still play at Warne when he's pitching them a foot outside leg...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I am pretty sure if the batsman stood at square leg Lee and Tait could knock the stumps out of the ground. And if I am correct, the stumps have to removed from the ground if the bails are dislodged. Is that right ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Good point, but that would require accuracy, and lets face it, Lee wouldn't be able to resist a beamer or 2 ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Impossible to get a result. Batsman stands at square leg. Dot balls every time.
Not necessarily.

That's the most effective position to stand if you want to score off Shaun Tait.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Good point, but that would require accuracy, and lets face it, Lee wouldn't be able to resist a beamer or 2 ;)
It always slips out of his hands and is not intentional! :sleep: