• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond vs Akhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofo123

U19 12th Man
me and my friend have been involved in a longgggggggg discussion so i thought id let it lose on here....here it goes:
he says bond is better i say akhtar
the fundamental arguements are that bond averages 20 at tests and 17 in ODIs....i say thats from 12 tests of which 4 were against zim/bangladesh,
then my second arguement is that akhtar altho didnt average that well in 12 matches first up thats because he had to play with waqar wasim and saqi...then i showed him that since 2001 akhtar averaged 21.88 in 2001/2002 season...then continued to average below 20 from 2001 to present, right now im not saying bond is not good or anything and granted akhtar seems to have his priorities wrong but by god he is one awesome bowler!! and i think he is getting on track now he has been left out for a bit, looked awesome in africa vs asia matches, oh and we sort of didnt get on to argue abt one dayers but again waqar and wasim arguebly the best ODI bowlers were playing with him...
wot do u guys think?
anyway thanks:)

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well right now Akhtar is better in both test & ODI but i cant say for certain if Bond has the ability to become superior to Akhtar, so i'll say the rawalpindi express......

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
ahktar is far more proven but bond has looked good, atm in time il say ahktar but i wouldnt be suprised to see bond really give him a run for his money in the future if he carries on the way he is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.