• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Willows

Kashmir or English whis do you prefer

• Kashmir

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • English

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

Monty

U19 Cricketer
Do you prefer kashmir or english
i actually prefer a good quality kashmir bat over a medium quality english bat because it hits the ball harder i dont know if that is right but i seem to have better play with it

cameeel

International Captain
This is a bit of a no-brainer, English willow easily, whats really suprising is that 2 people have voted Kashmir

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's no question to me. Kashmir is the cheap stuff you use when you're younger and still using semi-soft balls. If you're playing anything over 12 or 13 years or so, it's gotta be English

Monty

U19 Cricketer
did you know that a lot of people thta play sub continent first class use kashmir as it is harder. i think that you get just as much power from it

dro87

U19 12th Man
Just cos they use pakistani makers bats (CA, BAS etc) doesn't mean that the bats are from Kashmir willow... Test cricketers, normaly get their bats hand manufactered, and just stick a label...

Don

State Vice-Captain
kashmir is for kiddy cricket.get a good english willow. and i also find that english willow is a bit lighter so its better suited to my type of batting

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kashmir Willow is not as bad as many make it out to be. Surely, English willow is better, but for me and the level that I play in, the Kashmir willow works just fine.

Deja moo

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Simply, there is a reason why Kashmir willow bats are so much cheaper.
because the costs of procuring the wood, crafting the bat etc is less ? Because stuff from the sub-con is generally cheaper ?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Deja moo said:
because the costs of procuring the wood, crafting the bat etc is less ? Because stuff from the sub-con is generally cheaper ?
Because, here in Aus anyway, it's a much inferior product.