• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Be verrrrrrry careful England.........

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
"....The England and Wales Cricket Board, which has planned an Ashes victory parade from Lord's to Trafalgar Square, is hoping for a repeat of the 750,000 fans who lined the streets for the parade for England's World Cup-winning rugby team in 2003".

Jones out....

McGrath in....

Aussies with nothing to lose....

England with nothing to gain....

Warne Warne Warne....

.........errrrrrgh........I've got a funny feeling

sqwerty said:
"....The England and Wales Cricket Board, which has planned an Ashes victory parade from Lord's to Trafalgar Square, is hoping for a repeat of the 750,000 fans who lined the streets for the parade for England's World Cup-winning rugby team in 2003".

Jones out....

McGrath in....

Warne Warne Warne....

Warne and McGrath can actually win the match for Australia, and if McGill is playing then the task might not prove to be all that difficult.

Australia can always bounce back, they have npthing to loose and would obviously go for kill.England should always keep that in mind.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The whole parade has been set up for a few weeks now - which is fair enough, they deserve a parade if they do regain the Ashes, and not 5 months after the event. But still, they are setting themselves up for a lot of gags at their expense if they do lose the last Test match. And a lot of "polite reminders" about it from the Aussies...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
its disappointing this parade wont be happening it would have been a great spectacle mind you :mellow: , ah welll i wont be that disappointed :D

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
aussie said:
its disappointing this parade wont be happening it would have been a great spectacle mind you :mellow: , ah welll i wont be that disappointed :D
I guess a drawn series would be a celebration of sorts considering the last 18 years. :p

ps: I would have inserted a 'winking' smily but there doesn't appear to be one.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
Nah, course not..

Just the bloody ashes!!

like I've said before........who's going to lose the ashes?????

England have them in their pocket at 2-1.

The poms don't exactly need this test to take place do they???

so I'll say it again and stand by it......at 2-1, Australia have nothing to lose and England have EVERYTHING to lose.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am amazed why no one even considers the possibility of the fifth test being drawn.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
I am amazed why no one even considers the possibility of the fifth test being drawn.
I think that's the most likely outcome, actually.

the weatherman said:
Forecast for the final test match at the Oval
Thursday
After a reasonable start, looks like clouding over with the chance of rain later in the day.
Friday
With a band of rain to the north-west and another to the south-east, the Oval may be affected by thick cloud cover through the day, and rain could affect the ground at any time.
Saturday
At present, looks the worst day, with thick cloud cover and outbreaks of rain. There's a high chance that this rain could be heavy and fairly persistent.
Sunday
Looks like an improving day, with early rain clearing and sunny spells developing.
Monday
In the balance, with doubts about the overall weather pattern. Best estimates are that it will be a reasonable day with a few showers possible.
Eep. :(

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Sure they consider it, people have been talking about the possibility of rain a lot in the Ashes thread. I think a draw without rain is very unlikely myself, as both teams score very quickly and it hasn't been a batsman dominated series (around six bowlers averaging under 30 and three under 25, no batsmen averaging over 50). If a day or more is washed out though, a draw is quite likely.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
SJS said:
Possibly because it hurts to think about it... It just hurts. :cry:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Given the reputation of Australians for telling the truth and in such a charming and graceful manner too, we naturally assumed that we were going to lose 5-0 because Glenn told us so.

I'll never trust an Aussie again.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I do fear for England's chances now that they've planned a parade. The 1999 All Blacks at the World Cup were rather conspicuous in failure, particularly after they had an Air New Zealand 747 jumbo jet painted with the All Black front row (Kees Meeuws, Anton Oliver and Carl Hoeft) on the nose. I believe a parade was planned as well.

What happened? The French had one of their days when it all went right, while we went to pieces...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
I do fear for England's chances now that they've planned a parade. The 1999 All Blacks at the World Cup were rather conspicuous in failure, particularly after they had an Air New Zealand 747 jumbo jet painted with the All Black front row (Kees Meeuws, Anton Oliver and Carl Hoeft) on the nose. I believe a parade was planned as well.

What happened? The French had one of their days when it all went right, while we went to pieces...
Well, if Australia don't win, then us Aussie fans are gonna look pretty stupid with all these threads around proclaiming that Australia are going to come good.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Well, if Australia don't win, then us Aussie fans are gonna look pretty stupid with all these threads around proclaiming that Australia are going to come good.
Not as expensive as repainting a double-decker bus and cancelling the cake though, is it? :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've just done some research on this story - once again, sqwerty has taken you all for the bunch of boneheads you are.

"The Greater London Authority has offered the ECB use of Trafalgar Square for a victory parade, in the event of England winning The Ashes at The Oval next week."

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
sqwerty said:

Jones out....

McGrath in....

Warne Warne Warne....

lmao! i rather think they have a substantial amount to gain from this match actually.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
I've just done some research on this story - once again, sqwerty has taken you all for the bunch of boneheads you are.

"The Greater London Authority has offered the ECB use of Trafalgar Square for a victory parade, in the event of England winning The Ashes at The Oval next week."

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
Anyone with half a brain, or anyone with the capability of doing a little research, knew that already.