• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia upcoming International schdule (October to April)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Goodness this is got to be the most jam packed cricket schedule Australia have ever had my those blokes are going to die. :dry: , if i were a selector with the World Cup just around the corner i would rest Mcgrath & Gilchrist for the majority of the VB series & all the ODI's in Bangladesh & could even give Gilly a breather during the test their a give Haddin the gloves.....

Oct 2005
Wed 5 Australia v World XI Telstra Dome, Melbourne 1st ODI
Fri 7 Australia v World XI Telstra Dome, Melbourne 2nd ODI
Sun 9 Australia v World XI Telstra Dome, Melbourne 3rd ODI
Fri 14 - Wed 19 Australia v World XI Sydney Cricket Ground Test

Nov 2005
Thu 3 - Mon 7 Australia v West Indies Brisbane Cricket Ground 1st Test
Thu 17 - Mon 21 Australia v West Indies Hobart 2nd Test
Fri 25 - Tue 29 Australia v West Indies Adelaide 3rd Test

Dec 2005
Sat 3 New Zealand v Australia Auckland 1st ODI
Wed 7 New Zealand v Australia Wellington 2nd ODI
Sat 10 New Zealand v Australia Christchurch 3rd ODI
Fri 16 - Tue 20 Australia v South Africa Perth 1st Test
Mon 26 - Fri 30 Australia v South Africa Melbourne Cricket Ground 2nd Test

Jan 2006
Mon 2 - Fri 6 Australia v South Africa Sydney Cricket Ground 3rd Test
Mon 9 Australia v South Africa Brisbane Cricket Ground Twenty20 International

VB Series
Mon 9 Australia v South Africa Brisbane Cricket Ground Twenty20 International
Fri 13 Australia v Sri Lanka Telstra Dome, Melbourne VB Series
Sun 15 Australia v South Africa Brisbane Cricket Ground VB Series
Tue 17 South Africa v Sri Lanka Brisbane Cricket Ground VB Series
Fri 20 Australia v South Africa Telstra Dome, Melbourne VB Series
Sun 22 Australia v Sri Lanka Sydney Cricket Ground VB Series
Tue 24 South Africa v Sri Lanka Adelaide VB Series
Thu 26 Australia v Sri Lanka Adelaide VB Series
Sun 29 Australia v Sri Lanka Perth VB Series
Sun 29 South Australia v Victoria Adelaide ING Cup
Tue 31 South Africa v Sri Lanka Perth VB Series
Fri 3 Australia v South Africa Telstra Dome, Melbourne VB Series
Sun 5 Australia v South Africa Sydney Cricket Ground VB Series
Tue 7 South Africa v Sri Lanka Hobart VB Series
Fri 10 VB Series 1st final Adelaide VB Series
Sun 12 VB Series 2nd final Sydney Cricket Ground VB Series
Tue 14 VB Series 3rd final (if req.) Brisbane Cricket Ground VB Series

Australia in South Africa
Fri 24 South Africa v Australia Johannesburg Twenty20 International
Sun 26 South Africa v Australia Centurion 1st ODI
Fri 3 South Africa v Australia Cape Town 2nd ODI
Sun 5 South Africa v Australia Port Elizabeth 3rd ODI
Fri 10 South Africa v Australia Durban 4th ODI
Sun 12 South Africa v Australia Johannesburg 5th ODI

Thu 16 - Mon 20 South Africa v Australia Cape Town 1st Test
Fri 24 - Tue 28 South Africa v Australia Durban 2nd Test
Fri 31 - Tue 4 South Africa v Australia Johannesburg 3rd Test

Australia in Bangladesh
Sun 9 - Thu 13 Bangladesh v Australia Dhaka 1st Test
Sun 16 - Thu 20 Bangladesh v Australia Chittagong 2nd Test
Sun 23 Bangladesh v Australia Chittagong 1st ODI
Wed 26 Bangladesh v Australia Dhaka 2nd ODI
Fri 28 Bangladesh v Australia Dhaka 3rd ODI

archie mac

International Coach
My wife is not going to be happy :D

I would much rather watch a 5 Test series Against either the Windies or the Sth Africans. Not a big fan of these split 3 Test series :@

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Looks good ... cannot wait
it does but its way too much cricket has i said before Australia especially in the ODI's should be wary of resting McGrath & Gilchrist with the WC just around the corner....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
My wife is not going to be happy :D

I would much rather watch a 5 Test series Against either the Windies or the Sth Africans. Not a big fan of these split 3 Test series :@
Windies are no longer strong enough to visit Australia for 5 tests. India have taken their spot. If South Africa continue to improve, they may just come out for 5 tests next time.

This is my last chance to see Brian Lara on Australian soil (if he plays) hope he does better than his 0 & 4 at the 'Gabba in 2000.

archie mac

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Windies are no longer strong enough to visit Australia for 5 tests. India have taken their spot. If South Africa continue to improve, they may just come out for 5 tests next time.

This is my last chance to see Brian Lara on Australian soil (if he plays) hope he does better than his 0 & 4 at the 'Gabba in 2000.
Even when Sth Afr. were No.2 in the World, they only gave them 3 Tests. I agree on the Windies, but you could also say that England have not warranted 5 Test series of late. I would still rather watch a 5 Tests series no matter the opposition. I also think Lara should play his final Test in Aust. at the MCG or SCG.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
why are we playing NZ in one dayers again?
what a waste of time...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
what a waste of time...
Chappell/Haddlee Trophy, they are trying to copy the Bledisloe Cup in Rugby. They are going to have a 3-match series every year.

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
what a waste of time...

Chappel Hadlee trophey.. It is played every year. I believe you guys haven't actually won it yet so here is your chance

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
seems like a waste of time for me, seems kind of stupid we are playing a one dayer in NZ on the 10th and then a test match in Perth on the 16th, hardly seems like the ideal preperation...

Mister Wright

archie mac said:
Even when Sth Afr. were No.2 in the World, they only gave them 3 Tests. I agree on the Windies, but you could also say that England have not warranted 5 Test series of late. I would still rather watch a 5 Tests series no matter the opposition. I also think Lara should play his final Test in Aust. at the MCG or SCG.
Well, until the last tour by the Windies I think they deserved 5 tests. England will always get 5 tests no matter where they are on the table or how poor their performances are. India have leapfrogged the Windies, and they will hold on to that at least until their next tour. I don't mind 3 tests series, I just hate the 2 test series.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
what a waste of time...
Yeah, I have to agree there. Complete waste of time. Would be better to have N.Z. 'A' play Australia 'A', but they want to stick with it so good luck.

Slifer

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Well, until the last tour by the Windies I think they deserved 5 tests. England will always get 5 tests no matter where they are on the table or how poor their performances are. India have leapfrogged the Windies, and they will hold on to that at least until their next tour. I don't mind 3 tests series, I just hate the 2 test series.
As as West Indian i agree with all that u have just said. Until WI proves (again) that it has what it takes to compete with the big boys (Aust., Eng., Ind.,) I think that at the very least series played away should be kept to 3 tests max!!

Shounak

Banned
Same goes with NZ..

Everyone saw the thumping they received from Australia..

Although it is possible that Australia will bend over and *** after their humiliating loss of the Ashes.. Yes it will happen..