• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need some help with my Cricket Club's six-a-side music choices

Andy Cullen

Cricket Spectator
My cricket club is having a 6 a side competition next week and have decided to use some music like at the 20-Twenty and the day night matches. Anyway, anybody who has been to or watched a match on the telly, would you mind giving some examples of the music that they use. I particular mean when either a boundary is hit, or when somebody is out. The batsmen will have their own personal entrance song so there is no need to worry about that.

Ta

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Don't use their tacky music.

Use the bowlers theme tune when he takes a wicket, and maybe have some utility music, for 4's, batsman's theme song for a 6.. Other than that, play batsman's theme on 50's.

twctopcat

International Regular
Dreadlock Holiday by 10CC for "I don't like cricket, i love it!"
Howzat by Sherbert
Don't look back in anger by Oasis

Those are all i can remember.

Andy Cullen

Cricket Spectator
Anyway, this is happening on Sunday... Any last minute suggestions are welcome. Thanks for all the ideas so far.

PY

International Coach
Cigarettes And Alcohol by Oasis is a big fave I think, I'd imagine someone will have nabbed that for their entrance music.

Fun Fun Fun by The Beach Boys.

Get Around too, in fact pretty much The Beach Boys Greatest Hits.

Where's Your Head At by Basement Jaxx when a wicket falls? The first 10 seconds of Help by The Beatles for when a duffer goes into bat. :p

Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind (shudders) I've heard used before too though I can't remember what is was for.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Didn't they use WWE themes during the Australia-RSA series in the indoor stadium in Melbourne? Gillespie used HHH's theme and I found it funny as he walked in and the sound system went "Time to play the game"...