Thread: Change in Indian team

Cricket Spectator

Change in Indian team

Lot of talk on Ganguly's inclusion has been going on in the media and in cricket forums. Now here is an article that says its time we did away with out senior players. This is something I fail to understand, is one bad match or series means that the players are buried six feet under the ground. I feel no team can sack its experienced players in one go. After all the new players like Dhoni, Kaif and Yuvraj need the presence of senior players like Dravid to guide them. What do you all feel?

Quote Originally Posted by rohansen
    Lot of talk on Ganguly's inclusion has been going on in the media and in cricket forums. Now here is an article that says its time we did away with out senior players. This is something I fail to understand, is one bad match or series means that the players are buried six feet under the ground. I feel no team can sack its experienced players in one go. After all the new players like Dhoni, Kaif and Yuvraj need the presence of senior players like Dravid to guide them. What do you all feel?
    If anything, gradually phase them out.

But. Ganguly is required for his captaincy. If nothing else. India could not possibly get a better captain then him.

Dravid's the wall who will always save India's "house of cards" batting order. Just need him there in case. A bit like insurance.

Kumble - No. The guy's a champ.

I think the selectors thought of this. That's the reason Laxman's gone. The new team's also pretty young.

India are (intelligently) priming their young guns. Hopefully for the next world cup. Good on em..

But they definitely shouldn't just dump all the old players out. Gradually phase them out..

There's this thread on the ODI team where we can discuss this. Let's not crowd the front page with more or less the same topic. I'll continue this subject there.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Thread Information