• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do we have any current (or past) Firstclass cricketers on this forum??

Steulen

International Regular
Barney Rubble said:
Well that's cryptic and a half isn't it? :D How exactly do you know this?
Wasn't Justin Langer's son on here just before the Ashes tour?

or maybe he wasn't :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Steulen said:
Wasn't Justin Langer's son on here just before the Ashes tour?

or maybe he wasn't :)
There was a bit of confusion about that - he revealed who he was whilst trying to act like he was trying not to reveal it (giving supposedly cryptic clues which were really obvious), then when someone guessed, he tried to backtrack and cover up. I think it was him, though.

I'd be interested to know who the FC cricketers are on here, but perhaps without knowing their usernames - it would be a challenge to try and guess who was a pro and who wasn't! :D

Any clues Tamara?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Crap. I'm exposed.

Actually, have just noticed this... " Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests): Neil Pickup, aussieyobbo"

That must be Andy Symonds for one...

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I know of 3 first class mens players on here. Plus several international or first class female players

Deja moo

International Captain
James Marshall owns this site. Fact. Hamish is ****d off at him for not sharing like their mother told him to.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tamara said:
I know of 3 first class mens players on here. Plus several international or first class female players
Interesting you should say that, Tamara.

'Someone' (no names, no packdrill) mailed me the other week and they said "You would be amazed if you actually knew who reads Cricket Web".

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:

'Someone' (no names, no packdrill) mailed me the other week and they said "You would be amazed if you actually knew who reads Cricket Web".
Well Duncan Fletcher is frequently seen studying a laptop in the England dressing room/balcony, he's obviously searching for a Motson stratagem to employ...

Steulen

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
Well Duncan Fletcher is frequently seen studying a laptop in the England dressing room/balcony, he's obviously searching for a Motson stratagem to employ...
And suddenly it dawned upon us all that Matthew Hayden is the best batsman of this Ashes series. It's just that his first chance average is equal to his actual average.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I knew it !!

Inspite of croping my beard down, losing so much weight, trying to look like a dog, I have been recognised. SH**
- WG (dis)Grace

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tamara said:
I know there are quite a few on this forum. not going to drop the names in though because i think ia few of them quite enjoy reading about how other people see them
I know a girl whos got a better googly than Neil Pickup

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tamara said:
I know there are quite a few on this forum. not going to drop the names in though because i think ia few of them quite enjoy reading about how other people see them
Out of interest, do they just read, or do they contribute?

And are they all NZ-based?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Clearly not though, because if so Harmison wouldn't have played ever, Flintoff would be restricted to a filling-in role and Trescothick wouldn't be top run scorer in this series!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:

How do these people know all this?

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:

Hmmm, I wonder if John Bracewell reads this. When everyone here was clamouring to get Astle back opening and dropping Vincent down the order for the ODIs we saw exactly that happening the next game.

Of course, it may just have been sanity prevailing, but it might make us feel important so lets just keep imagining things..

Blaze

Banned
Lol this reminds me, J.K. Rowling joined a Harry Potter forum without giving her identity and wasn't treated very well by other members." What do you know", "you're a newbie" etc

I am not overly surprised that there are first class cricketers on the forum but would be interested to know who they are.