• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mac's Back

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
archie mac said:
I hope I am not one of the strugglers :huh:
i havent played 5th grade in canberra since about 2001 so i couldnt tell you how the standard is these days...

archie mac

International Coach
I finally played a game of Cricket, our team was all out for 65 Archie Mac opened the innigs and was not out 5. The other team scored the runs in 9 overs! :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
archie mac said:
I finally played a game of Cricket, our team was all out for 65 Archie Mac opened the innigs and was not out 5. The other team scored the runs in 9 overs! :D
You carried your bat? Nice one! A real openers effort, Arch! Sir Geoffrey would be proud! :D

cameeel

International Captain
archie mac said:
About as good as us, we made 10-77, and the other team is 1-45 from about 8 overs, i made a 0 and havent bowled yet

Last edited:

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
Haha, I had my first game today and we had a similar effort.

We bowled them all out for 302 in the 50th, and then replied with a glittering 75 all out, with yours truly top scoring with 14 :dry:

archie mac

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
You carried your bat? Nice one! A real openers effort, Arch! Sir Geoffrey would be proud! :D
Yes I carried my bat, but I took a lot of crap from the fielding side. 'He's opening his shoulders now' (after another block) 'Ouch that one really stung my hands" "you almost got that one off the pitch"

I think I might have out done Sir Geoffrey and maybe Alick Bannerman?

archie mac

International Coach
Sir Redman said:
Haha, I had my first game today and we had a similar effort.

We bowled them all out for 302 in the 50th, and then replied with a glittering 75 all out, with yours truly top scoring with 14 :dry:
A move up the order, for you Sir Redman?

cameeel

International Captain
archie mac said:
Was it a good ball, or your poor shot?
A highly dubious LBW, usually when a 6 foot 4 bowler is bowling, and you step right forward and it hits you above the knee-roll, it would be not out, but their umpire disagreed :@ :@

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
I have decided to make a come back, after 7 years out of the game. But this time I have decided to reinvent myself, I use to be a dour opener with only 3 shots. Now I am coming back as a left arm swing bowler. I went and had a look at bats and gear today, and I can't believe the prices!

Is anyone else making a come back this season?

Or did anyone make a come back in the English season currently under way?

What am I in for?
I was asked to play in an over 35s team this year and briefly (and I mean briefly) contemplated it.

I then looked at my pregnant wife, remembered the pain in my back and shoulder, contemplated long hot days in the field and well .........

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Nice work :D

archie mac

International Coach
social said:
I was asked to play in an over 35s team this year and briefly (and I mean briefly) contemplated it.

I then looked at my pregnant wife, remembered the pain in my back and shoulder, contemplated long hot days in the field and well .........

Congratulations on the pregnancy, I thought the same way, but then I thought it's now or never, as I am not getting any younger. Though I am sore after every training session.
:-O