Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 126

Thread: Gibbs and Boje pull out of Indian tour

  1. #31
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,127
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    Because the Delhi police suspects that these two were involved as well. And I think the whole cricketing world deserves a proper investigation, which includes, wonder of all wonders, questioning those two. Only if they would actually co-operate.... I am not sure if the Delhi police will actually arrest them even if they were guilty. It will probably lead to a ban from ICC and the UCBSA but beyond that, I don't see what will happen to them. It is not like the Delhi police wants their lives.
    But Boje wasn't involved, I will even post a transcript of Cronje's conversation with his bookmaker at the time to prove my point.

    As I said it is five years ago, I don't think anything new will come out and quite frankly how people actually care about this match fixing saga now? Just let it be.

    And as for your point about them co-operationating, how about some co-operation from the Delhi police that is no way they would get arrested. This is why they don't want to go.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  2. #32
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    And as for your point about them co-operationating, how about some co-operation from the Delhi police that is no way they would get arrested. This is why they don't want to go.
    Delhi Police has said it in the past, Boje still didn't tour India last time. If he didn't fix matches what is he afraid of ?

    "The Delhi Police chief on Tuesday assured a top South African diplomat that Nicky Boje, the vice captain of the South African cricket team, would not be arrested in connection with a match fixing probe during the team's tour of India this month."

    http://htcareers.com/news/7242_1086975,00180009.htm

  3. #33
    Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Me neither. Bring back "sutee" for them!!
    (with a few modern refinements)
    Ah, "Sooty".

    Better "Sweep" it under the carpet or you'll get "Soo"d.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

  4. #34
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Posts
    29,567
    Tempted to stick up for them because they are two of my favourite players.. But I won't, if they did take money they don't deserve to tour anywhere, let alone India..

    If it's been proven they didn't take money, I guess its Sanz being Sanz again.

    Just wondering, how corrupt are Indian police? As bad as in SA?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.


  5. #35
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,433
    i've never seen 2 more guilty people than gibbs and boje to be honest. its quite obvious that they were both involved(and id be extremely surprised if there werent more people from the 2000 side that were involved). at the end of the day though, its too long ago for the delhi police to still be bothered about this and they should just let it go.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

  6. #36
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Posts
    29,567
    I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that because they won't tour, that they must be feeling guilty and therefore must have taken money.. After all, I wouldn't be surprised if the Indian Police force was one of the many corrupt ones around the developing world who would nick them even if they had been cleared. . Maybe I'm wrong..

  7. #37
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,433
    for one thing, gibbs has already admitted to taking money for this innings:http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/St...MatchCode=1667
    and if you thought virendar sehwag's 309 was littered with dropped catches and plenty of luck, then you most certainly would be in for a surprise when you watched this inning, where it appeared as though he was trying to get out every ball.

  8. #38
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands
    Posts
    29,567
    yet he smashed India everywhere? Was a bit of a rubbish match fixer!

  9. #39
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    yet he smashed India everywhere? Was a bit of a rubbish match fixer!
    well he was supposed to be dismissed below 20, which obviously didnt happen, despite his best attempt.nonetheless it still doesnt change the fact that he accepted the money.

  10. #40
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Marburg, Germany
    Posts
    27,072
    yet he smashed India everywhere? Was a bit of a rubbish match fixer!
    Nothing worse than a guy who can't follow simple instruction from his captain.

  11. #41
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    IJust wondering, how corrupt are Indian police? As bad as in SA?
    They are corrupt, very corrupt, but I dont know how does it matter in this case.

  12. #42
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that because they won't tour, that they must be feeling guilty and therefore must have taken money.. After all, I wouldn't be surprised if the Indian Police force was one of the many corrupt ones around the developing world who would nick them even if they had been cleared. . Maybe I'm wrong..
    Gibbs was cleared ?? I though he was banned for six months or so, which was such a cover up. Did the king commision seek evidence from Delhi Police before clearing them ?

    As for Delhi Police being corrupt, you are speaking exactly like those people who beat up Indian people in South Africa after Delhi Police accused Cronje and co. in 2000. Guess how they looked after Cronje accepted that he was the kingpin of matchfixing. I dont think anyone should doubt Delhi Police's credibility now.

  13. #43
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Tempted to stick up for them because they are two of my favourite players.. But I won't, if they did take money they don't deserve to tour anywhere, let alone India..

    If it's been proven they didn't take money, I guess its Sanz being Sanz again.
    And you being you once again. Anyways yes I am being me, I wont stick up for Azza because he is my fav. player, he is a match fixer and he deserves the punishment he got.

  14. #44
    Banned Shounak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    I dont think anyone should doubt Delhi Police's credibility now.
    Indian police are corrupt. I've seen it first hand in my numerous trips to India.

    If I suspected that my players are in danger of being arrested by a corrupt foreign police force, I would never send them there.

    If they were guilty, I'd much rather they were punished in house, rather then by the authorities of another country..

  15. #45
    International Captain Deja moo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Navi Mumbai , India
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by shounak
    Indian police are corrupt. I've seen it first hand in my numerous trips to India.

    If I suspected that my players are in danger of being arrested by a corrupt foreign police force, I would never send them there.

    If they were guilty, I'd much rather they were punished in house, rather then by the authorities of another country..

    This is getting ridiculous. Yes our police are corrupt. But how is that relevant here ? Were the cops involved in this case Corrupt, Azza and Jadeja would still be playing for India, form willing. Were they corrupt, the entire thing would have been swept under the carpet.

    And what is this in-house punishment stuff ? You break the law in Italy, you'll be punished according to italian law. You break the law in Australia, you'll have the Aussie courts decide your fate. Why should this be any different ? Do you think a commission set up on the basis of incomplete information and evidence would have done full and proper justice ? And did the commission delve into the bookmakers role itself ? The Delhi police can see that the bookies are brought to book, but obviously neither the UCBSA nor the ICC want to have anything to do with it.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •