• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sim a match

Chubb

International Regular
I am very happy with my team's performances. Losing twice to the Banglas was a disappointment but beating NZ and Africas twice as well as the win over England is a good return from the campaign. Some of our batsmen should have made bigger scores and Blignaut could have bowled better, but I did set the pitch up for spin. If you presented that record to a ZC official he'd bite your hand off for it.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Respectable fourth place for a modest West Indies squad. Bowlers did very well but the batting was underwhelming. Special mention to Nikita Miller, a previously-uncapped spinner who took 91 wickets at just 17.9 apiece. :)

Thanks, Mr. Tailender.
No Dave Mohammed? Disgrace.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, go CW XI!! :D We can roll with the big boys. Player of the series? It has to go to Cloete, the 4'9" leggie from Marist Ashgrove, with 2111 runs @ 57.05. Though Lucky eddie - 1405 runs @ 48.45 and 69 wickets @ 28.58 wasn't too shabby. Kennett was good with 82 wickets @ 22.80.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah, VC4 gave some very odd results. But still interesting anyway! That Africa's team was a surprise, but it was all FC averages and the game doesn't know so, blah.

If someone could do those decade sims I'd be very grateful. Just some things have come up for the rest of this week. Otherwise I'll try and do them on the weekend/next week.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
NZTailender said:
Yeah, VC4 gave some very odd results. But still interesting anyway! That Africa's team was a surprise, but it was all FC averages and the game doesn't know so, blah.

If someone could do those decade sims I'd be very grateful. Just some things have come up for the rest of this week. Otherwise I'll try and do them on the weekend/next week.
Think we need some more teams for that...only three people have given in teams yet.

chris.hinton

International Captain
what about the England Worst xi of the 1990s 9 not in order)

Rampakash, Adams, Hamilton, Sailsbury, Such, Rhodes, Lathwell, Bicknell, Sidebottom, Gallian, Fairbrother

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chris.hinton said:
what about the England Worst xi of the 1990s 9 not in order)

Rampakash, Adams, Hamilton, Sailsbury, Such, Rhodes, Lathwell, Bicknell, Sidebottom, Gallian, Fairbrother
How about:

Mark Lathwell
*Jason Gallian
Mark Ramprakash
Hugh Morris
John Morris
Dermot Reeve
Chris Lewis
+Richard Blakey
Ian Salisbury
Neil Williams
Martin McCague

EDIT: Now a 1990-1995 team

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Mine is Test Debut post 1995.

Darren Maddy
Aftab Habib
Usman Afzaal
Rikki Clarke*
Anthony McGrath
Ronnie Irani
Mark Ealham
James Foster+
Gavin Hamilton
Richard Dawson
Ed Giddins

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jamee999 said:
Mine is Test Debut post 1995.

Darren Maddy
Aftab Habib
Usman Afzaal
Rikki Clarke*
Anthony McGrath
Ronnie Irani
Mark Ealham
James Foster+
Gavin Hamilton
Richard Dawson
Ed Giddins
At least you had the decency to put to Leics players in there ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shall I be a part of this with this side?

Darren Ganga
Yasir Hameed
Ian Bell
Venugopal Rao
James Marshall
Ronnie Irani
Courtney Browne
Dwayne Smith
Jeetan Patel
Lakshmipathy Balaji
James Anderson

They should be called "Bharani's RoW"

Pitch conditions:

Pace: 9
Movement: 9
Spin: 2

chris.hinton

International Captain
what about i cannot believe this england side has never played tests

Keith Piper, Phil Newport, Mark Nickolas

any more

NZTailender

What are we doing guys? Worst XI's in debut decades or what? :D

Actually, I wouldn't mind doing NZ's team for that :-O

NZTailender

NZ 'Superstars' Debut decade/10 year block thing 1995-2005.

1. Matthew Horne
2. Craig Spearman (c)
3. Mathew Sinclair
4. Gary Stead
5. Matthew Bell
6. Robbie Hart (WK)
7. Brooke Walker
8. Kyle Mills
9. Robert Kennedy
10. Michael Mason
11. Chris Martin

Bowling order: