• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket chat - boring?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
People at off topic think cricket chat is mundane, boring.

I find it pretty interesting and a quality place to discuss cricket.

Thoughts?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Both are quality things to spend time in. this one for cricket, offtopic for more useless things(and sometimes more important)

Beleg

International Regular
It certainly is the most 'quality' place to discuss cricket I have been able to find todate on the Internet.

Pretty monotonous these days with the incessant inflow of ashes related threads.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
though the ashes are currently good for this forum. a lot of newbys joining!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Beleg said:
It certainly is the most 'quality' place to discuss cricket I have been able to find todate on the Internet.

Pretty monotonous these days with the incessant inflow of ashes related threads.
Cant blame them, can we ? This ashes deserves it. At least I am not complaining. :)

Strongly agree about the 'Quality place' .

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
Cant blame them, can we ? This ashes deserves it. At least I am not complaining. :)
Absolutely not.

Benaud on the current Ashes:

Benaud said:
Now, it's my view - and people may disagree with it - but I think this series shades the 1981 tour. And that's saying something, because a long time has passed since then. I've always held the view that `81 was the best but now I think that this series has just gone ahead of it in my mind.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I try to avoid the Off Topic forum as much as possible, since it is often full of dynamite.

Swervy

International Captain
Arjun said:
I try to avoid the Off Topic forum as much as possible, since it is often full of dynamite.
yeah..dynamite full of ******** infact....

peoples IQ's seem to increase by 20 points in CC compared to Off Topic, unless there is a genuinely decent topic on the go...which unfortunately usually decends into a battle of the races somehow.

Blaze

Banned
I started off with Cricket Chat as my main focus and it still is I think but I like some of the stuff in off topic, especially the other sports threads. I just find some of the personalities in Cricket Chat get in the way of the topic at hand on occasions and there is a small amount of crap talked which I am finding is unfourtunetly slowly increasing. It still is a great place to talk cricket, particuarly when your side is involved in a match, but I am finding it increasingly frustrating. I wish people would understand that one stupid shot doesn't make you a terrible batsman or that one good match with the ball doesn't make you Richard Hadlee.. :ph34r:

Also when people pull out stats.. selective stats, that really ****es me off. There will always be statistics to manipulate the arguement your way but stats aren't the be all and end all. Why can't people look at a player and make a judegement on how they are batting/bowling from their time in the middle? Obviously stats are important but they don't allways tell the complete story. There are other factors.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
I've already got my hands full with Urban75 bulletin boards, so stay clear of off topic here.
The CC forum is marvellous, the best cricket forum out there IMO, and I have learned tons since I've been here.

archie mac

International Coach
I contribute to a couple of other Cricket forums, but this one is easily the best!

My favorites are the trivia threads, but it is hard finding new contributors and if a coulpe of the 'usual suspects' are away things can become very slow (like now).

But as they say 'to much Cricket chat is barely enough" :)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OT is fantastic, people are generally nicer to each other (apart from when the major issues like religion and things pop up) and much fun is had. Or something.

CC can be good too, but I think OT is more consistent.

Shoaib

Banned
People who say Cricket chat is boring r themselves boring actually.Cricket chat is the best place to discuss Cricket on the internet.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
CC is very good ... more of a reader than a contributor though. I like OT also ... some good people on there