• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nehra vs Pathan vs Zaheer

nehrafan

Banned
Who do you think is the best among the three pacers??? there are many similarities between them, like,

...They are all left arm medium fast bowlers.

... all of them are brilliant at times and ordinary on some occasions.

... They all happen to be injury prone :p

Atleast two of them (Ashish Nehra and Irfan) have been compared with former fast bowler Waseem Akram.

Its unfortunate that they have been playing cricket at the same time and all three are vying for the limited 2 fast bowler spot in the Indian team.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Going by "natural talent" as such, from what I've seen Pathan and Zaheer are probably well ahead of Ashish. But I think Ashish has the best temperament of them all, and is a little bit harder working - the benefits of which are being seen now. I'd like to be playing Ashish as one of the two pacers, because he is different to Pathan and Khan as he slides the ball across the right hander a bit more, while Khan and Pathan swing the ball in.

As such, I'd be pretty happy with Pathan as he clearly has the most potential, but if I had to choose a bowler for me now, Ashish would do.

Choora

State Regular
I guess in comming days we can expect threads like,
Lee vs Tait, Warne vs Murali, Flintoff vs Kallis, Afridi vs Sehwag.......please spare us 8-)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
1. Pathan
2. Nehra
3. Zaheer

If Nehra had any thing between his ears I would be tempted to put him at number one.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
1. Pathan
2. Nehra
3. Zaheer

If Nehra had any thing between his ears I would be tempted to put him at number one.
Tend to agree with the order of the three, Pathan definitely first with Nehra and Zaheer a close second and third. Just a shame for India's sake, particularly with the two latter bowlers, that they can be so inconsistent at times.

Shoaib

Banned
nehrafan said:
Atleast two of them (Ashish Nehra and Irfan) have been compared with former fast bowler Waseem Akram.
Since when have third class bowlers been started to compare with geniuses like Wasim Akram?None of your bowlers can be as great as Wasim Akram even if they play cricket for 50 years.And Pathan is not a natural talent because he learnt all the tricks and swings from Legendary Wasim Akram.Zaheer Khan's future is very bright but at the moment it will not be fair to compare him with Akram.

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
Shoaib said:
And Pathan is not a natural talent because he learnt all the tricks and swings from Legendary Wasim Akram..
Pathan has been swinging the cherry to good effect long before Wasim stepped in. So you can shove that misconception up your blowhole.

Slow Love™

International Captain
From what I've seen:

1) Pathan - Has the talent, AND the attitude. I'm a fan.
2) Zaheer - Has often been attacked early, but has shown some real quality at times. At times out here in '03 he looked quite good.
3) Nehra - Obviously has some talent but demonstrates incredibly poor discipline and concentration, and gives up too easily. Sounds like he's made some improvements lately though.

nehrafan

Banned
Shoaib said:
Since when have third class bowlers been started comparing with geniuses like Wasim Akram?None of your bowlers can be as great as Wasim Akram even if they play cricket for 50 years.And Pathan is not a natural talent because he learnt all the tricks and swings from Legendary Wasim Akram.Zaheer Khan's future is very bright but at the moment it will not be fair to compare him with Akram.
It was none other than Ian chappel who compared Nehra with Akram (during the '03 cup) and none other than Imran Khan who termed Irfan as MORE TALENTED than Akram !!! Why can't fools accross the border accept the simple fact that the golden age of Pak cricket pacers is now over and the country is now barren as far as pacers are concerned.In desperation Pak has been sending their pacers to India to train at MRF academy , as they know that MRF has produced world class pacers like Srinath,Nehra,Pathan etc, while accross the border youngsters are only making names in chucking :p

Nehra and Pathan have the potential to go down into history as one of the greats, unfortuantely accross the border, the so call bowlers continues to struggle to get clearnce for their dodgy action . :p

magsi23

U19 Debutant
nehrafan said:
It was none other than Ian chappel who compared Nehra with Akram (during the '03 cup) and none other than Imran Khan who termed Irfan as MORE TALENTED than Akram !!! Why can't fools accross the border accept the simple fact that the golden age of Pak cricket pacers is now over and the country is now barren as far as pacers are concerned.In desperation Pak has been sending their pacers to India to train at MRF academy , as they know that MRF has produced world class pacers like Srinath,Nehra,Pathan etc, while accross the border youngsters are only making names in chucking :p

Nehra and Pathan have the potential to go down into history as one of the greats, unfortuantely accross the border, the so call bowlers continues to struggle to get clearnce for their dodgy action . :p

Golden age of pak cricket is over?

oh so golden age of india just started is it? Humiliated by pakistan in your own country, beaten by West indies A side, Beaten in each games against Sri Lanka, again Humiliated by New zealend 44/8? and could hardly score 200 against zimbabwe? WOW what a golden age i hope this continues for india lol

Shoaib

Banned
nehrafan said:
Why can't fools accross the border accept the simple fact that the golden age of Pak cricket pacers is now over and the country is now barren as far as pacers are concerned.In desperation Pak has been sending their pacers to India to train at MRF academy , as they know that MRF has produced world class pacers like Srinath,Nehra,Pathan etc, while accross the border youngsters are only making names in chucking
And why don't fools like u accept that Rana Naveed-Ul-Hassan,a young fast bowler who is quite new to International Cricket,made your team look even worst than Bangladesh and stole the Player of the Series Award.And when your team visited Pakistan in 2004,Another Youngster (Umar Gul) became the reason of your humilition.And for the Information of fools like U,Shoaib Akhtar is one of the best fast bowlers of the world and we have youngsters like Umar Gul,Riaz Afridi,Mohammad Asif And Mohammad Irshad who r far better than your bowlers.Don't u remember when u got humiliated by us in your own country earlier this year.And by the way Shabbir (who is not quite young) is the only fast bowler who has been accused of chucking.And we sent our pacers to MRF only to get trained by the legendary Dennis Lillee who is an Australian not an Indian.And Srinath (at retirement) had an average of 30.49 which can never be that of a world class bowler.So,who have u put him in the category of "world class" bowlers.And since when r Ashish Nehra and Irfan Pathan(who have averages in 30s and 40s) in the category of world class bowlers.So I'd advise u to think a 100 times before throwing the s**t out of your mouth.

Last edited: