• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nehra vs Pathan vs Zaheer

nehrafan

Banned
Shoaib said:
And why don't fools like u accept that Rana Naveed-Ul-Hassan,a young fast bowler who is quite new to International Cricket,made your team look even worst than Bangladesh and stole the Player of the Series Award.And when your team visited Pakistan in 2004,Another Youngster (Umar Gul) became the reason of your humilition.And for the Information of fools like U,Shoaib Akhtar is one of the best fast bowlers of the world and we have youngsters like Umar Gul,Riaz Afridi,Mohammad Asif And Mohammad Irshad who r far better than your bowlers.Don't u remember when u got humiliated by us in your own country earlier this year.And by the way Shabbir (who is not quite young) is the only fast bowler who has been accused of chucking.And we sent our pacers to MRF only to get trained by the legendary Dennis Lillee who is an Australian not an Indian.And Srinath (at retirement) had an average of 30.49 which can never be that of a world class bowler.So,who have u put him in the category of "world class" bowlers.And since when r Ashish Nehra and Irfan Pathan(who have averages in 30s and 40s) in the category of world class bowlers.So I'd advise u to think a 100 times before throwing the s**t out of your mouth.
I don't want to get into a war of words with anyone therefore i'm not going to retaliate to ur post which happens to be based on illfound believes and misconceptions..

Shoaib

Banned
nehrafan said:
I don't want to get into a war of words with anyone therefore i'm not going to retaliate to ur post which happens to be based on illfound believes and misconceptions..
When your claims r proved to be totally wrong,then ignoring your opposition is the best way of saving yourself from a defeat.If u have accepted the defeat,then there is no need to end up this flame bait that u started with lame excuses like that of calling my post based on "illfound believes".Its useless to talk with an ediot like u won't accept defeat even if all of his arguments r proved to be wrong.When I joined this forum,I thought everyone including all the Indians here r very nice but U've proved to be wrong today.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mamma mia.

Anyway I feel when it comes to natural talent Pathan possibly has more than the other two. Neither of the 3 are consistent, but Nehra has obviously shown improvement as of late. Pathan's potential with the bat also exists which is promising. Zaheer has had many years now to take the ball and run with it as a leader of Indian fast bowling but whilst he's shown glimpses, he's never quite reached there.

Hopefully all three can improve for Indian cricket's sake.

irfan

State Captain
1. irfan pathan
2. zaheer khan
3. ashish nehra

i can only really judge these three left armers based on their perfomances in aust on their recent tour. Pathan when he burst onto the scene had a brilliant natural ability to move it both ways and had a deadly yorker (waugh and gilly neone?), however he seems to be relying on the lbw and b form of dismissals too much for my liking and he seems to struggle with line on his off days. Has an extra dimension with his aggressive batting.

Zaheer is certainly the spearhead of the attack who bowls many wicket-taking deliveries but often goes unrewaarded, hence his low s/r nd hi ave, more of a seam bowler who relies on movement of the pitch, once the batsman start nicking his good deliveries, he'll be a fine bowler for india.

Nehra is too inconsistent and injury-prone and doesn't do anything special with the ball, relying on batsmans mistakes. However he seems to have made great strides over the past year and maintaning a good line and length, whether that can be a maintained remains to be seen,

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
There isn't really much to differentiate among the 3. But considering that Nehra/Zaheer have been around for 5 years and are still challenged by newcomers like Balaji & Pathan sums up their performance over the years.

nehrafan

Banned
Shoaib said:
And why don't fools like u accept that Rana Naveed-Ul-Hassan,a young fast bowler who is quite new to International Cricket,made your team look even worst than Bangladesh and stole the Player of the Series Award.And when your team visited Pakistan in 2004,Another Youngster (Umar Gul) became the reason of your humilition.And for the Information of fools like U,Shoaib Akhtar is one of the best fast bowlers of the world and we have youngsters like Umar Gul,Riaz Afridi,Mohammad Asif And Mohammad Irshad who r far better than your bowlers.Don't u remember when u got humiliated by us in your own country earlier this year.And by the way Shabbir (who is not quite young) is the only fast bowler who has been accused of chucking.And we sent our pacers to MRF only to get trained by the legendary Dennis Lillee who is an Australian not an Indian.And Srinath (at retirement) had an average of 30.49 which can never be that of a world class bowler.So,who have u put him in the category of "world class" bowlers.And since when r Ashish Nehra and Irfan Pathan(who have averages in 30s and 40s) in the category of world class bowlers.So I'd advise u to think a 100 times before throwing the s**t out of your mouth.
I initially ignorned ur post but since you think that shying away from debate then i'm entering my views.If moderators fnd this post innappropiate then they can just delete it instead of locking this thread.

Now to answer Shoaib's post .
1, Rana Naveed is a 28 yr old guy, he's hardly young unlike described by Shoaib.He might have done wonders in ODI but in Test matches he averages near 70 !!. I've heard that he plans to ave 100 in bowling and then retire from test cricket :p

2If Umer Gul humiliated India by helping Pak beat them in one test than the how would you describe the performance by Irfan and Balaji which helped India to beat Pakistan in two test matches at their home ground??

3 Shabbir is not the only fast bowler who is accused of chucking, he just one of numerous bowlers who have a dodgy action.Shoaib Malik, Riaz Afridi, Junaid Zia, Tariq Mahmood have all been reported for suspect action.

4 Riaz Afridi (the one with suspect action) and Mohd Asif have hardly played enough cricket to be rated, while Mohd Irsaad haven't played a single match till date, then who can they be claimed to be better than Indian fast bowlers?? If these half skilled bowlers were so good then why Pakistan didn't give them a chance in test matches instaed of clowns like Mohd Khalil and Rana Naveed??

5 Srinath was a class bowler, averages sometimes don't tell the whole story.And you should be the last person who should criticize Nath on his averages as your God Rana averages nearly 70's while Mohd Sami also averages near 30's!!!.

6 I can only agree with you on Akhtar.He is indeed a world class bowler, i never disputed atht.But in his own word Shoaib has said many time that he doesn't get any support from other end, which shows the sorry tale of Pak pace bowlers.It must be really embaressing for Shoaib leading an attack whose other pacers happen to be of club standard, at best!

tooextracool

International Coach
all 3 are very very poor bowlers at the moment. i'd rate them in the following order:
1)nehra
2)pathan
3)khan

nehra and pathan though at least have something to work with, they do have talent. khan, well calling him rubbish would be a compliment.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
all 3 are very very poor bowlers at the moment. i'd rate them in the following order:
1)nehra
2)pathan
3)khan

nehra and pathan though at least have something to work with, they do have talent. khan, well calling him rubbish would be a compliment.
i agree...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tooextracool said:
1)nehra
2)pathan
3)khan

I think you are seriously under rating Zaheer's talent here. He doesn't have great discipline and is injury prone, but to say that he is just rubbish while saying the other two are good is not very bright. His performances have actually been better than both Nehra and Pathan over a period of time.

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
I think you are seriously under rating Zaheer's talent here. He doesn't have great discipline and is injury prone, but to say that he is just rubbish while saying the other two are good is not very bright. His performances have actually been better than both Nehra and Pathan over a period of time.
zaheers bowling action is appalling and it explains his inaccuracy. hes also one of the rare left arm bowlers who doesnt actually swing the ball. dont see how anyone could rate him.
and i never stated that pathan and nehra were anything other than rubbish, but at least the 2 of them can swing the ball.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
zaheers bowling action is appalling and it explains his inaccuracy. hes also one of the rare left arm bowlers who doesnt actually swing the ball. dont see how anyone could rate him.
and i never stated that pathan and nehra were anything other than rubbish, but at least the 2 of them can swing the ball.
Zaheer can swing the new ball a bit if conditions are conducive to it. He did it a bit in the second innings at Nagpur against Australia, as well as seaming it in easily the best spell I've seen him bowl.

Anyway, Pathan has the most talent of the three I think, but I find his lack of pace a bit worrying. While of course there are plenty of examples of excellent bowlers who aren't particularly quick, without a great deal of pace or height the chance of him getting smashed around when it isn't swinging is significantly higher.

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Zaheer can swing the new ball a bit if conditions are conducive to it. He did it a bit in the second innings at Nagpur against Australia, as well as seaming it in easily the best spell I've seen him bowl.
almost any bowler can swing a ball marginally when the conditions are really conducive to swing. i kid you not but even flintoff and harmison swung the new ball in the first test against bangladesh this summer at Lords.

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
i dont think zaheer is a swinger. Hes a hit the deck bowler. Same with nehra but pathan is a swinger for sure ive seen him swinging before with wasim akram

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tooextracool said:
almost any bowler can swing a ball marginally when the conditions are really conducive to swing. i kid you not but even flintoff and harmison swung the new ball in the first test against bangladesh this summer at Lords.
He has a fantastic seam position on the ball and I have seen him seam the ball in and out a lot of times. If you look at the WC, he was really good most of the time there and he was getting movement in both directions off those pitches. Plus he is the quickest of that lot, and add to that a good yorker and a decent slower one, I still think he is the best OD bowler amongst that lot, if he improves his discipline and accuracy that is.

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
He has a fantastic seam position on the ball and I have seen him seam the ball in and out a lot of times. If you look at the WC, he was really good most of the time there and he was getting movement in both directions off those pitches. Plus he is the quickest of that lot, and add to that a good yorker and a decent slower one, I still think he is the best OD bowler amongst that lot, if he improves his discipline and accuracy that is.
oh i know he can seam the ball, most bowlers can to be honest. but the fact is that he cant do anything else, and his action is never going to result in accuracy.