• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ 20/20 Domestic Comp

JeffStar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
NZ is the latest country to have a 20/20 domestic competition.

New Zealand welcome Twenty20

The Twenty20 tournament will involve two pools of three teams playing a home and away game before the top qualifiers contest the final on February 6.

makes me think the champions league/tourny that Leicestershire is hosting will be even bigger and better next year if they can get the aussie and nz winners to participate.

shaka

International Regular
it was always going to happen, although I do not think it will be packed house at every game.

Chubb

International Regular
I hope Central Districts win, and some big crowds come in and carry on into the other competitions. I've seen some photos of NZ 1st class games, real one man and his dog stuff. we've got to get some more people into supporting the states. I suppose the problem with the state championship viz attendence is that kiwis don't feel loyalty to their states, artificial creations devoid of truly individual character, unlike counties. if i ever get out to NZ, and hopefully in four years I will do, i'm gonna go and see Central as often as i can.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Chubb said:
I hope Central Districts win, and some big crowds come in and carry on into the other competitions. I've seen some photos of NZ 1st class games, real one man and his dog stuff. we've got to get some more people into supporting the states. I suppose the problem with the state championship viz attendence is that kiwis don't feel loyalty to their states, artificial creations devoid of truly individual character, unlike counties. if i ever get out to NZ, and hopefully in four years I will do, i'm gonna go and see Central as often as i can.
Absolutely, and its a real shame considering the next step up from domestic level is international cricket. Crowds in one day matches are acceptable but first class fixtures barely seem to produce a crowd exceeding 100 people.

Hopefully the Twenty20 competition this summer will attract better crowds, I'm sure it will considering it's success in England and a number of other countries. Should be good to watch with the power hitters we've got floating around the scene.