Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia's Fans the worst in the World??

Australia's Fans the worst in the World??

I cannot help but notice that the Aussie supporters here fall into two distinct groups.

A seemingly realistic group that accept that Australia can't win everything forever and realise that even though their team is 2 - 1 down they are contributing to the best test series in history, and seem to be able to cope with defeat admirably.

And the other group who look for excuses, umpiring decisions, substitutions, injuries and anything else they can dream up. One minute they will be posting "We are going to win this" when a seemingly unrealistic win looks in sight, the next they are calling for heads to roll when narrowly defeated. They fail to mention anything else, and they are beginning to remind me of aggrieved soccer fans, with accusations of cheating, bad decisions (that only go against them).

This arrogance is probably born out of a recent history of them winning everything. They simply don't know how to take defeat with grace, much like their captain. Uproar and adulation one minute, anger and recriminations the next. I found it quite fun to read the posts relating to the ashes match as the events unfolded.

Alas, there are many fans from many nations that taste defeat in many sports, but none so fun to watch as Aussie fans whinging about cricket defeats.

well said mate. I remember the series between aus vs pak. in that series the pakistan team got very bad decisions from the umpires. there was a thread in here where pakistani fans were accusing the umpires. the same people who said "we have to accept these decisions" are now whining about these bad decisions. i guess thats just how people are.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    that's right. that's just how "people" are not Australian fans in particular. I find posts like this hurtful, ludicrous and racist.
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dinu23
    well said mate. I remember the series between aus vs pak. in that series the pakistan team got very bad decisions from the umpires. there was a thread in here where pakistani fans were accusing the umpires. the same people who said "we have to accept these decisions" are now whining about these bad decisions..
    I completely agreed with you on that, infact i tried to search for the thread which had the discussion about umpiring decisions during the Aus-Pak series.The decisions by the patriotic Australian umpires in that series was far worse than in the present series , yet all Aussies supporters were saying that "these things are part of the game" and that ppl from sub-continent shouldn't whine about it.

I think its time for Australian fan to stop whining about umpiring decisions, and they should accept the fact that Australia got beaten by a better team.
    ------------------------------------

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace11
    I cannot help but notice that the Aussie supporters here fall into two distinct groups.

A seemingly realistic group that accept that Australia can't win everything forever and realise that even though their team is 2 - 1 down they are contributing to the best test series in history, and seem to be able to cope with defeat admirably.

And the other group who look for excuses, umpiring decisions, substitutions, injuries and anything else they can dream up. One minute they will be posting "We are going to win this" when a seemingly unrealistic win looks in sight, the next they are calling for heads to roll when narrowly defeated. They fail to mention anything else, and they are beginning to remind me of aggrieved soccer fans, with accusations of cheating, bad decisions (that only go against them).

This arrogance is probably born out of a recent history of them winning everything. They simply don't know how to take defeat with grace, much like their captain. Uproar and adulation one minute, anger and recriminations the next. I found it quite fun to read the posts relating to the ashes match as the events unfolded.

Alas, there are many fans from many nations that taste defeat in many sports, but none so fun to watch as Aussie fans whinging about cricket defeats.
    Well said mate. If only more of the Aus fans here were of the first group. It's difficult for the few who are to escape the negative stereotypes that come with the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    that's right. that's just how "people" are not Australian fans in particular. I find posts like this hurtful, ludicrous and racist.
    well said mate
    Chapple show qoutes
    That leprechauns on acid
    i wish i had more hands so i could give those T**tes four thumbs down
    im rick james B***h
    is this the 5'o clock free crack give away
    red balls it gives me wings
    shazzam

well i didn't say they were only aussies. but these days i can only see aussies whining.

man read the title, read what you said and then put two and two together. it's called context. it's quite obvious what you meant by ur post.

ok, put the cap on if it fits.
    Code:
    CW CRICKET - May 2009
    FC
    M      I     NO    Runs      Avg      Ct      50s      100s      HS
    83    157   8      4237    28.44      79      22         4       169*

O     W    Avg   SR
    45    18   18.7  27

List - A
    M      I      Runs      Avg      Ct    50s    100s      HS
    179   174    5828      37.84     67    48     3        121

OD
    M      I      Runs      Avg    Ct      50s      100s      HS    SR
    27    24     716      35.80    15      6         0       71*   74.58

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Its just Aussies competitive nature which is something some other countries lack

Isn't that what the Aussies have recently been slating us for having, WRT, Spirit of Cricket and that s**t?
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    So you mean then that Austrlaian fans fall into the exact same two groups as every other set of fans on the forum? Well damn, who would have thought?
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

haha

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999
    Isn't that what the Aussies have recently been slating us for having, WRT, Spirit of Cricket and that s**t?

the spirit of cricket does not extent to fans on the internet (except for those involved with CWXI, and than only in that forum )
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Looks like I need a new 'politically correct term' then to avoid hurting people's feelings - obviously Slats4ever will accuse me of being racist if I call him a 'Whingeing Aussie'.

Whingeing prawn barbecuer?
    Whingeing surfboard waxer?

Help me out here, someone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information