• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's Fans the worst in the World??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace11

Cricket Spectator
I cannot help but notice that the Aussie supporters here fall into two distinct groups.

A seemingly realistic group that accept that Australia can't win everything forever and realise that even though their team is 2 - 1 down they are contributing to the best test series in history, and seem to be able to cope with defeat admirably.

And the other group who look for excuses, umpiring decisions, substitutions, injuries and anything else they can dream up. One minute they will be posting "We are going to win this" when a seemingly unrealistic win looks in sight, the next they are calling for heads to roll when narrowly defeated. They fail to mention anything else, and they are beginning to remind me of aggrieved soccer fans, with accusations of cheating, bad decisions (that only go against them).

This arrogance is probably born out of a recent history of them winning everything. They simply don't know how to take defeat with grace, much like their captain. Uproar and adulation one minute, anger and recriminations the next. I found it quite fun to read the posts relating to the ashes match as the events unfolded.

Alas, there are many fans from many nations that taste defeat in many sports, but none so fun to watch as Aussie fans whinging about cricket defeats.

dinu23

International Debutant
well said mate. I remember the series between aus vs pak. in that series the pakistan team got very bad decisions from the umpires. there was a thread in here where pakistani fans were accusing the umpires. the same people who said "we have to accept these decisions" are now whining about these bad decisions. i guess thats just how people are.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
that's right. that's just how "people" are not Australian fans in particular. I find posts like this hurtful, ludicrous and racist.

Choora

State Regular
dinu23 said:
well said mate. I remember the series between aus vs pak. in that series the pakistan team got very bad decisions from the umpires. there was a thread in here where pakistani fans were accusing the umpires. the same people who said "we have to accept these decisions" are now whining about these bad decisions..
I completely agreed with you on that, infact i tried to search for the thread which had the discussion about umpiring decisions during the Aus-Pak series.The decisions by the patriotic Australian umpires in that series was far worse than in the present series , yet all Aussies supporters were saying that "these things are part of the game" and that ppl from sub-continent shouldn't whine about it.

I think its time for Australian fan to stop whining about umpiring decisions, and they should accept the fact that Australia got beaten by a better team.

Dasa

Jace11 said:
I cannot help but notice that the Aussie supporters here fall into two distinct groups.

A seemingly realistic group that accept that Australia can't win everything forever and realise that even though their team is 2 - 1 down they are contributing to the best test series in history, and seem to be able to cope with defeat admirably.

And the other group who look for excuses, umpiring decisions, substitutions, injuries and anything else they can dream up. One minute they will be posting "We are going to win this" when a seemingly unrealistic win looks in sight, the next they are calling for heads to roll when narrowly defeated. They fail to mention anything else, and they are beginning to remind me of aggrieved soccer fans, with accusations of cheating, bad decisions (that only go against them).

This arrogance is probably born out of a recent history of them winning everything. They simply don't know how to take defeat with grace, much like their captain. Uproar and adulation one minute, anger and recriminations the next. I found it quite fun to read the posts relating to the ashes match as the events unfolded.

Alas, there are many fans from many nations that taste defeat in many sports, but none so fun to watch as Aussie fans whinging about cricket defeats.
Well said mate. If only more of the Aus fans here were of the first group. It's difficult for the few who are to escape the negative stereotypes that come with the idiots.

Monty

U19 Cricketer
Slats4ever said:
that's right. that's just how "people" are not Australian fans in particular. I find posts like this hurtful, ludicrous and racist.
well said mate

dinu23

International Debutant
Slats4ever said:
well i didn't say they were only aussies. but these days i can only see aussies whining. :D

Slats4ever

man read the title, read what you said and then put two and two together. it's called context. it's quite obvious what you meant by ur post.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't that what the Aussies have recently been slating us for having, WRT, Spirit of Cricket and that s**t?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
So you mean then that Austrlaian fans fall into the exact same two groups as every other set of fans on the forum? Well damn, who would have thought?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
Isn't that what the Aussies have recently been slating us for having, WRT, Spirit of Cricket and that s**t?

the spirit of cricket does not extent to fans on the internet (except for those involved with CWXI, and than only in that forum ;))

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slats4ever said:
Looks like I need a new 'politically correct term' then to avoid hurting people's feelings - obviously Slats4ever will accuse me of being racist if I call him a 'Whingeing Aussie'.

Whingeing prawn barbecuer?
Whingeing surfboard waxer?

Help me out here, someone.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Choora said:
I completely agreed with you on that, infact i tried to search for the thread which had the discussion about umpiring decisions during the Aus-Pak series.The decisions by the patriotic Australian umpires in that series was far worse than in the present series , yet all Aussies supporters were saying that "these things are part of the game" and that ppl from sub-continent shouldn't whine about it.

I think its time for Australian fan to stop whining about umpiring decisions, and they should accept the fact that Australia got beaten by a better team.
Considering that they were neutral umpires, just to whom were they being patriotic?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol, coming from a country where sporting teams get disowned until they win, and then get disowned again when they lose...

Mister Wright

Jace11 said:

It is just a case of there is always going to be a couple of bad apples. It happens everywhere, in other countries, in other sports and in other avenues of life.

Most Australian's who follow cricket are either from the era where we had to fight to win and then saw our country dominate for almost a decade. Then you have the others who have only seen Australia win. It is hard to get out of that mindset after so long.

I think you'll find the people you categorise as the 'realistic group' are more cricket fans than they are Australian cricket fans.

From a personal point of view when I was growing up and following sport, Australia were always the undergod and never expected to win. Then the Australian Cricket team went on a blitz and started winning everything in sight without any competition, it started to become boring and monotonus (sp). So this series and India 2001 have been two of the best for me to watch.

social

luckyeddie said:
Looks like I need a new 'politically correct term' then to avoid hurting people's feelings - obviously Slats4ever will accuse me of being racist if I call him a 'Whingeing Aussie'.

Whingeing prawn barbecuer?
Whingeing surfboard waxer?

Help me out here, someone.
You can say that we whine, moan, are sore losers, etc. but "whinging" and "Pom" will forever go hand in hand

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jace11 said:

Fans from all countries behave more or less the same. Australia seem different only because of their prolonged run at the top.

When India were undisputed hockey kings in the world, we would behave similarly on the rare occasion that they lost.

There are plenty of similar examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.