• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's Fans the worst in the World??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace11

Cricket Spectator
I don't blame Australians for reacting this way. An entire generation of Aussie cricket fans is relatively unfamiliar with seeing their team lose. Fans of the England or the West Indies cricket teams have no doubt grown accustomed to their team's demise. Unfortunately, a prolonged succession of defeats becomes almost unbearable to watch and can turn people away from their national side but it does lower expectations. Aussie's shouldn't worry about this though, as they can defeat pretty much any other side in the world. If Warne and McGrath retire though, then the mindset may have to change.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Do you ever feel like you're wasting your time?

If not, I'll spell it out - you're wasting your time. :)

This thread only exists for two purposes. One is to stir up Aussie fans. The other is for non-Aussies supporters to raise their fists in the air and cry "right on, brother!". If it was about Indian fans it would have been posted by Scallywag.
You're quite right of course, but it's hard to not attempt to reason with people. ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This thread is nothing but a flame bait. Yes australia are 1-2 in this series and they have been outpplayed by England in last 2 tests. That said both the tests won by England were awefully close and Aussie fans have all the right to react.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
To be fair it's only a couple of Aussies moaning (plus one "Englishman" who is actually wishing Jones injured for the Oval, poor show) and the rest are taking it very well. I'm vociferously behind England but have been most disappointed in the standard of umpiring and remember posting something along the lines of "awful stuff from Bowden" during the OT match.

I'm sorry though, the better side are winning and that's an end to it. We can "if this" and "if that" all ruddy week, England are consistantly playing better for longer, chaps.

Steulen

International Regular
Pedro Delgado said:
I'm sorry though, the better side are winning and that's an end to it. We can "if this" and "if that" all ruddy week, England are consistantly playing better for longer, chaps.
Word.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pedro Delgado said:
To be fair it's only a couple of Aussies moaning (plus one "Englishman" who is actually wishing Jones injured for the Oval, poor show) and the rest are taking it very well. I'm vociferously behind England but have been most disappointed in the standard of umpiring and remember posting something along the lines of "awful stuff from Bowden" during the OT match.

Absolutely correct.

A five test series is generally more than sufficient to sort out the better team at any given point in time and, to date, Eng deservedly hold a 2-1 advantage.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This thread should be entitled "Are Human Beings the worst fans in the world?"

Answer - yes. But there's a wide cross section of opinion and views which is little to do with Nationality.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Lillian Thomson said:
This thread should be entitled "Are Human Beings the worst fans in the world?"

Answer - yes. But there's a wide cross section of opinion and views which is little to do with Nationality.
That's a perfectly fair and accurate conclusion, and as far as this thread needs to go.

End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.