• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's Fans the worst in the World??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Christ I am sick of everybody having a go at the Australians now that they are losing.

This is the thing that ***** me, people make all these things on how the ICC is racist to the subcontinent, and then we get all these people coming out of their shells to completely take shots Australians.

Just **** off if you don't like us, it seems that we aren't allowed to say anything against other nations, but it is fair game when it comes to us.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
It is just a case of there is always going to be a couple of bad apples. It happens everywhere, in other countries, in other sports and in other avenues of life.

Most Australian's who follow cricket are either from the era where we had to fight to win and then saw our country dominate for almost a decade. Then you have the others who have only seen Australia win. It is hard to get out of that mindset after so long.

I think you'll find the people you categorise as the 'realistic group' are more cricket fans than they are Australian cricket fans.

From a personal point of view when I was growing up and following sport, Australia were always the undergod and never expected to win. Then the Australian Cricket team went on a blitz and started winning everything in sight without any competition, it started to become boring and monotonus (sp). So this series and India 2001 have been two of the best for me to watch.
I agree with all that. It could be that we notice more 'bad' Aussie fans because many have only been following cricket while Australia has been dominant? Of course, that'd only be the younger ones.

Slats4ever

Mister Wright said:
It is just a case of there is always going to be a couple of bad apples. It happens everywhere, in other countries, in other sports and in other avenues of life.

Most Australian's who follow cricket are either from the era where we had to fight to win and then saw our country dominate for almost a decade. Then you have the others who have only seen Australia win. It is hard to get out of that mindset after so long.

I think you'll find the people you categorise as the 'realistic group' are more cricket fans than they are Australian cricket fans.

From a personal point of view when I was growing up and following sport, Australia were always the undergod and never expected to win. Then the Australian Cricket team went on a blitz and started winning everything in sight without any competition, it started to become boring and monotonus (sp). So this series and India 2001 have been two of the best for me to watch.
can't agree with you more. well said.

however some people have a real habit of latching onto anything negative said by Australians (eg the influence of umpires) whilst totally discarding positive things that were said (eg the performance of Flintoff and the English batsman).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Personally, I haven`t been into cricket for too long, so I haven`t quite enjoyed our dominance.

In regard to the umpiring decisions, I think the reason many Australian fans are angry is the closeness of these games.

Waughney

International Debutant
Jace11 said:
I cannot help but notice that the Aussie supporters here fall into two distinct groups.

A seemingly realistic group that accept that Australia can't win everything forever and realise that even though their team is 2 - 1 down they are contributing to the best test series in history, and seem to be able to cope with defeat admirably.

And the other group who look for excuses, umpiring decisions, substitutions, injuries and anything else they can dream up. One minute they will be posting "We are going to win this" when a seemingly unrealistic win looks in sight, the next they are calling for heads to roll when narrowly defeated. They fail to mention anything else, and they are beginning to remind me of aggrieved soccer fans, with accusations of cheating, bad decisions (that only go against them).

This arrogance is probably born out of a recent history of them winning everything. They simply don't know how to take defeat with grace, much like their captain. Uproar and adulation one minute, anger and recriminations the next. I found it quite fun to read the posts relating to the ashes match as the events unfolded.

Alas, there are many fans from many nations that taste defeat in many sports, but none so fun to watch as Aussie fans whinging about cricket defeats.
I guess that's a fair enough post (except for the title). But I don't think there's any problem with people pointing out what may have added to the result of a certain game (e.g. umpiring) it's just when everything is blamed on that one event that it becomes whingeing.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even English fans and commentators have expressed the fact that some of the umpiring has been below par. I think Australia- and England mind you, but not to the same extent- have copped some shockers, but that doesn't mean that I don't think England have outplayed us in the last 3 tests.

Linda

One must remember though, this is against England after all. The worst part of (heaven forbid) losing the Ashes would be having to listen to the English gloat about it for the next 30 years.

Slats4ever

luckyeddie said:
Looks like I need a new 'politically correct term' then to avoid hurting people's feelings - obviously Slats4ever will accuse me of being racist if I call him a 'Whingeing Aussie'.

Whingeing prawn barbecuer?
Whingeing surfboard waxer?

Help me out here, someone.
poor excuse for a joke.

I have no problems with being called a whinger but to be termed the worst fans in the World is another thing.

Shounak

Banned
Jace11 said:
I cannot help but notice that the Aussie supporters here fall into two distinct groups.

A seemingly realistic group that accept that Australia can't win everything forever and realise that even though their team is 2 - 1 down they are contributing to the best test series in history, and seem to be able to cope with defeat admirably.

And the other group who look for excuses, umpiring decisions, substitutions, injuries and anything else they can dream up. One minute they will be posting "We are going to win this" when a seemingly unrealistic win looks in sight, the next they are calling for heads to roll when narrowly defeated. They fail to mention anything else, and they are beginning to remind me of aggrieved soccer fans, with accusations of cheating, bad decisions (that only go against them).

This arrogance is probably born out of a recent history of them winning everything. They simply don't know how to take defeat with grace, much like their captain. Uproar and adulation one minute, anger and recriminations the next. I found it quite fun to read the posts relating to the ashes match as the events unfolded.

Alas, there are many fans from many nations that taste defeat in many sports, but none so fun to watch as Aussie fans whinging about cricket defeats.
Slats4ever said:
man read the title, read what you said and then put two and two together. it's called context. it's quite obvious what you meant by ur post.
My first reaction, based solely on the title, was that this was going to be a stupid flaming thread. But it's an awesome post, despite the somwhat misleading title.

Nice work mate :thumbup1:

Shounak

Banned
Mister Wright said:
the Australian Cricket team went on a blitz and started winning everything in sight without any competition, it started to become boring and monotonus (sp). So this series and India 2001 have been two of the best for me to watch.
I NEVER, EVER, EVER expected an aussie to say that, not in a MILLION, BILLION years..

Slats4ever

man it's been said and implied so often by australian's it's not funny.

it's just the selective hearing that stops the message getting through.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
man it's been said and implied so often by australian's it's not funny.

it's just the selective hearing that stops the message getting through.
Yeah. I mean, the members of the actual cricket team have said that the fans would enjoy a challenge on several occasions in the past. And it's been repeated ad nauseum on here.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
magsi23 said:
Probably wont go as far as calling all aussie fans worst in the world, you get good and bad everywhere
Yea, the bad are Australian and the good are English...

[/bait]

Slow Love™

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
So you mean then that Austrlaian fans fall into the exact same two groups as every other set of fans on the forum? Well damn, who would have thought?
Do you ever feel like you're wasting your time?

If not, I'll spell it out - you're wasting your time. :)

This thread only exists for two purposes. One is to stir up Aussie fans. The other is for non-Aussies supporters to raise their fists in the air and cry "right on, brother!". If it was about Indian fans it would have been posted by Scallywag.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
You can say that we whine, moan, are sore losers, etc. but "whinging" and "Pom" will forever go hand in hand
I know.

Carping Convict do?

Anyway, one letter's upside down in the Aussie captain's name.

Ricky Pouting is quite apt. As my granny used to say: "You could set a table on that bottom lip".

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SirBloody Idiot said:
Christ I am sick of everybody having a go at the Australians now that they are losing.

This is the thing that ***** me, people make all these things on how the ICC is racist to the subcontinent, and then we get all these people coming out of their shells to completely take shots Australians.

Just **** off if you don't like us, it seems that we aren't allowed to say anything against other nations, but it is fair game when it comes to us.
Yes, I agree.

Payback IS a *****.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slats4ever said:
poor excuse for a joke.

I have no problems with being called a whinger but to be termed the worst fans in the World is another thing.
I don't think that you're the worst fans in the world, and by making a little stereotypical joke at your expense I'm not implying that you are being anything at all - apart from possibly being a bit of a mardarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.