• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What happned to Neil Johnson?

tooextracool

International Coach
from what i remember he played a season of county cricket and then played the rest of his cricket in south africa. in goodwin and neil johnson, the former more so than the latter, zimbabwe lost 2 high quality players.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
played for south australia for a few seasons, i think he has retired now
How you managed to mix up Neil Johnson with Andy Flower I'll never know! :D

p.s. Andy Flower played a season for SA.

Dean

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Niel Johnson commentates for South African and Zimbabwe games. He used to play for Western Province in South Africa, but has since retired.

kingkallis

International Coach
Yeah Very Very sad Indeed.

Was very young too!!! Just did some digging up and found out that he was a budding cricketer too.

It has been 4 years now, but RIP.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/off-topic/17620-rip-fardin-cricket-player.html

I found a video of him too-

YouTube - afghan song saze logar
This is really sad and reading stuff about him make me feel good, that means he must be a great fella!

Also this story reminds me of yet another talented Indian player who died in a car crash - Dhruv Pandava!

He could have played for India ahead of Dravid and Ganguly and might have done well!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This is really sad and reading stuff about him make me feel good, that means he must be a great fella!

Also this story reminds me of yet another talented Indian player who died in a car crash - Dhruv Pandava!

He could have played for India ahead of Dravid and Ganguly and might have done well!
You mean Dhruv Pandove the son of M.p Pandove ,who is the current vice president of the board?

He was a big talent certainly and was bound to get a India call up at some stage ,tragically fate had some other idea.
I think he still holds the record for the youngest player to score a first class hundred anywhere in the world at the age of 14 years and something.