• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whos the Best Umpire?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have had the privelege of seeing HDB, including his final test.

Overall I would say Shephard and Venkat are the best I have seen over a lengthy period of time.

Currently, Aleem Dar.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The best current umpire IMHO is Taufel, he makes some unbelievably good calls. Dar is usually excellent, too, the Katich decision notwithstanding.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Currently I think it's Taufel. Aleem Dar is v good usually, but the Katich LBW was a smeller.
ohhhhh yeah now how could i forget that :dry: , daar is a cross i dont rate him as the best anymore is taufel cant remember him making a real shcoker anywhere......

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Overall I would say Shephard and Venkat are the best I have seen over a lengthy period of time.
Venkat was aweful in his last couple of years as International Umpire.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Venkat was aweful in his last couple of years as International Umpire.
venkat was always flat to me i will never forget that shocker he gave to Hussain in the 99 WC :wacko:

OZOZ

Cricket Spectator
magsi23 said:
Well for me Aleem Dar
Alem is the best????? we all saw he he robbed Australia the other day, that idiot should better opt for another career, maybe he should become a waiter!

magsi23

U19 Debutant
OZOZ said:
Alem is the best????? we all saw he he robbed Australia the other day, that idiot should better opt for another career, maybe he should become a waiter!

ha ha ha

what about the fact that you guys are old and crap? and you were beaten by alot better team, every team gets bad decsions so chill out

twctopcat

International Regular
Taufel, as said the Katich decision by Dar was unbelievable. Usually when there is a shout i get out of my seat and call with them but i didn't give it a chance. When the finger went up i couldn't help but laugh. Things like that make me think maybe this is meant to be. It was the nodding from Harmy that sent some subliminal messages to Dar no doubt so we can't really blame him.

cricket player

International Debutant
The worst umpire is the guy from west indies I forgot his name.

Martyn was batting and the ball clearly hit his bat and hit the pad and he gave him lbw that was a shocker.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
cricket player said:
The worst umpire is the guy from west indies I forgot his name.

Martyn was batting and the ball clearly hit his bat and hit the pad and he gave him lbw that was a shocker.

Steve Bucknor?