Thread: Favorite Aussie Excuses

Favorite Aussie Excuses

We have had some corkers this summer here is just a selection that have come from the Australian camp and members of this board:

The grounds have been too small - Obviously having the same siize pitch for all innings favors one side

England have been lucky with the tosses despite the fact that England have won two and Australia have won two. Also the pitches havn't really deteriorated at all.

England have doctored the pitches -Why because they havn't turned square for Warne on the first morning of the test. The only bad pitch was at Lords were Australia won.

England been lucky with the weather - Despite the fact that rain helped the Aussies at Old Trafford & Trent Bridge.

McGrath missed the 2nd & 4th test and was only half fit for the third. - It is England's fault Australia selected the cricketing equivelant of Dads Army and have no confidence in their back up bowlers they have to play a half fit bowler. I heard a rumor Ray Lindwall just missed out on selection.

Englands fans have been rude to Jason Gillespie - You would think anyone who chooses to look like that would be used to having the mikey taken.

England used a substitute fielder who was not their 12th man when their best bowler was at hosptal - Anyone know who CA Phillipson is? He was Australia's sub fielder in the Brisbane test against New Zealand. And guess what just like Pratt he is no where near the test side either.

If anyone else wants to contribute any feel free I'm sure there are lots more

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    hmmm not sure about aussies, but i remember when martin van jaarsveldt got out he gave his reason as being "my bat was better than i anticipated, with a worse bat my shot would have been a boundary rather than caught".

i think....

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    hmmm not sure about aussies, but i remember when martin van jaarsveldt got out he gave his reason as being "my bat was better than i anticipated, with a worse bat my shot would have been a boundary rather than caught".

i think....
    That is genuinely the worst excuse I've ever heard for getting out.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    This thread is flame-bait and you know it.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Thread Information