• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your dream super series T.V commentators

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to see the lineup of...........

Benaud
Lawry
Boycott
Hussian
Botham
Coney

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richie Benaud
Geoff Boycott
Greg Chappell
Michael Holding
Michael Slater

Not sure about the 6th, I like Bishop, Coney, Atherton and a few others. I might go for Tony Greig so he can fight with Boycott some more actually.

thierry henry

International Coach
Benaud
Lawry
Coney (totally forgot about him, he is the mack. He should be allowed to do the Dilmah Tea Party for the Super Series lol)
Holding
Boycott
Sidhu (lol....yes, I do still find him funny)

Zinzan

thierry henry said:
Benaud
Lawry
Coney (totally forgot about him, he is the mack. He should be allowed to do the Dilmah Tea Party for the Super Series lol)
Holding
Boycott
Sidhu (lol....yes, I do still find him funny)
Damn...forgot about Sidhu. Might swap him for Coney and leave Coney for the radio.

I also wish Billy Ibadulla was still commentating

Zinzan

FaaipDeOiad said:
Richie Benaud
Geoff Boycott
Greg Chappell
Michael Holding
Michael Slater

Not sure about the 6th, I like Bishop, Coney, Atherton and a few others. I might go for Tony Greig so he can fight with Boycott some more actually.
Can't believe you haven't including pigeon lover Lawry. He and Boycott going toe to toe would be hilirious

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
Can't believe you haven't including pigeon lover Lawry. He and Boycott going toe to toe would be hilirious
Yeah true, but Lawry is really irritating. :p

He's funny too, but I just have to cringe every time he says "'straya". Even though it reminds me of The Twelfth Man.

chalky

International Debutant
Anyone remember when C4 used Ranatunga even though he couldn't speak much English. Absolutely hilarious.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Assuming the dream can include anyone from the past.

Richie Benaud
Jim Laker
Alan McGilvray
Brian Johnson
John Arlott
Tony Cosier

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, six of the best - LE's dream team....

Richie (anchorman and God)
Boyks (right-hand man and typical tight money-grabbing Yorkshireman)
Tanny Grig (because I love the way he says "Morvellous Morvon Ottapatto")
Mikey (because someone's got to mix the Daiquiris)
Bumble (wonderful advert for how far a man can go on Chorley Cakes alone - can have cross-pennine rivalry with Boyks)
Merv Hughes (guested on the radio a bit on the first test, and if he wears a bush-hat with corks, drinks beer and swears a bit on television he will add that little bit of culture. Deserves the opportunity.)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Benaud
Healy
Greg Chappell
Michael Slater
Bob Willis (someone has to feed the commentators).

Forgot...Waqar Younis

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
what ever happened to Tony Lewis (not suggesting him here, just wondering from watching that free DVD from yesterday)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Lillian Thomson said:
Assuming the dream can include anyone from the past.

Richie Benaud
Jim Laker
Alan McGilvray
Brian Johnson
John Arlott
Tony Cosier
Brilliant.

I might replace Tony Cozier with Boycott

Langeveldt

Soutie
Johnathon Agnew
Kerry O'Keefe