• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Geoff Boycott is a pain in the arrrrrrse !

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
The way he talks in the commentary box, you'd think he was the greatest cricketer of all time and we all loved watching him

If he was playing now he'd be laughed off the field.

Get him out of the commentary box

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I love Geoff, he's a great commentator. He's witty, intelligent, articulate, has a funny accent and knows a lot about cricket. I don't care what sort of player he was really, but for what it's worth I don't think he betrays his playing style that much. He talks a lot about the things which made him a great cricketer, like temprament and a defence-first strong technique.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He was one of the finest opening batsmen of the last fifty years. He can be a bit irritating at times but one loves to listen to him because he is one of the most knowledgeable cricket experts in the world. Its an education listening to him.

As to his being laughed off the field if he was playing today...no comments. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Boycott is cool.

BTW, did he said anyting in favor of the umpires which is annoying Aussie fans??
Not really. Boycott's response to the Ponting, Flintoff, Martyn and Katich decisions in the last test was basically to argue for the introduction of technology to reduce the number of mistakes.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
I love Geoff, he's a great commentator. He's witty, intelligent, articulate, has a funny accent and knows a lot about cricket. I don't care what sort of player he was really, but for what it's worth I don't think he betrays his playing style that much. He talks a lot about the things which made him a great cricketer, like temprament and a defence-first strong technique.
Agree with that. I think the best combo is Boycott and Benaud... I have to say though, Atherton really gets on my nerves.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Gotta say the Channel 4 commentary and analysis with that Simon chap is better than anything we have in Aus....Chuck in the super slowmo camera and I don't know why you would go to the games. Better watching on telly.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
sqwerty said:
The way he talks in the commentary box, you'd think he was the greatest cricketer of all time and we all loved watching him

how often have u listen to goeff commentate he's top notch he knows a lot about the game & talks it plain their is absolutely nothing wrong with Boycott

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
whats wrong with u people the channel 4 commentary team is arguably the best combination of commentators u could put together those dudes rock :cool:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
aussie said:
whats wrong with u people the channel 4 commentary team is arguably the best combination of commentators u could put together those dudes rock :cool:
Any commentary team that has Mark Nicholas can't possibly be the best.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
about time someone said this, ive had enough of him...
worst.commentator.ever

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sqwerty said:

I think he's brilliant. The fact he talks himself up is just part of his witty charm. He's actually my favourite of the channel 4 team.