• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I hate the umpires(haaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

cricket player

International Debutant
I feel like punching myself in the face right now because of the bloody umpire,

Today I was batting 1 down the ball hit my tigh pad and it was going down the leg I was trying to hit it in the gap and take a single I missed and the umpire gave me out.

I really feel disappointed because I would have made alot of runs,It was my first bowl up and he gave me out :ph34r:

Please tell me what to do right now because I have butter flies in my stomach when ever I dont do well I feel like ****.

deeps

International 12th Man
u must b reallly short :p

i once got given out like that...

going down leg side, i tried to flick it through square leg, it clipped my thigh guard, and went through to the keeper. The bowler went up in a half hearted appeal, and i was given out.

So i asked the umpire how i was out, lbw, or caught behind, and he said lbw.

after the match, whilst talkin to the opposition, the bowler said the "appeal" if u can call it that, was for caught behind

I guess it comes part and parcel with cricket, and the only thing you can do is just accept it.....

or swear at the crowd and everyone else like katich..mind u that was one of the worst decisions ever. it just never looked out

Don

State Vice-Captain
yea some umpires are idiots like those that see u get hit outside of leg stump to a ball that was clearly never gonna come back in.

cricket player

International Debutant
deeps said:
u must b reallly short :p

i once got given out like that...

going down leg side, i tried to flick it through square leg, it clipped my thigh guard, and went through to the keeper. The bowler went up in a half hearted appeal, and i was given out.

So i asked the umpire how i was out, lbw, or caught behind, and he said lbw.

after the match, whilst talkin to the opposition, the bowler said the "appeal" if u can call it that, was for caught behind

I guess it comes part and parcel with cricket, and the only thing you can do is just accept it.....

or swear at the crowd and everyone else like katich..mind u that was one of the worst decisions ever. it just never looked out
No I am not short I am a 6 feet tall.

Sorry to say this but **** the umpire that gave me out :-O

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It happens.

Get over it.

Have you ever got a lucky decision from an umpire when you were bowling?

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
The worst one is. I was given out caught behind, when i missed the ball by a foot and no-one appealed. The umpire said "Your out. Next guys appeal."

But hey it happens.

cricket player

International Debutant
Yes I have gotten a decision that wasnt correct from an umpire when I was bowling,but at least it was close enough I mean the ball hit me in the tigh pad and to make the decision even worse I am 6 feet tall so imagine how high the ball would have been over the wickets.

Benefit of the doubt should go to the batsman,

The ball hit my tigh pad
the ball was going over the stumps
The ball was going down the leg
It was clearly out side the leg

and you tell me the umpire didnt have a doubt???????

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Just trying to figure out how this thread will change things...
I'm also trying to figure out how punching himself in the face is going to help Fardin.

Unless he then posts a picture of his black eye, thus providing us with some comic relief.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
the next time the umpire gives me out like that I would go straight and ****ing curse at him.
Thus leading to a suspension, meaning you miss out on your highlight of the week.

Great thinking, Fardin... :wacko:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
cricket player said:
It is ok it is all right,

the next time the umpire gives me out like that I would go straight and ****ing curse at him.
Have you learnt nothing from all the press that goes on about dissent towards umpires? You do that, and you won't be playing for a good 3 or 4 weeks - and we've already had threads where we've seen how missing one game is so painful for you.

Wonder how much you wanted Ponting to get fined? 8-)

I'm sure everyone will talk about your class and maturity when you do what you describe. People who do that get "black-listed" when it comes to making the representative sides that you so desperately wish to make.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cricket player said:
It is ok it is all right,

Good on you Bob, fighting against The Man.