• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting and Katich fined

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Punter seems to have got off exceptionally lightly. Thought it should've been a whole match fee & maybe a suspended ban.

About right for Katich tho.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Punter seems to have got off exceptionally lightly. Thought it should've been a whole match fee & maybe a suspended ban.

About right for Katich tho.
Agree with that.

Jason_M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You wouldn't see Lara or Tendulkar walk off the ground yelling abuse at the fans/opposing team because they got a rough decision. This whole episode just goes to show what a bunch of sore losers the Aussie cricket team are.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jason_M said:
You wouldn't see Lara or Tendulkar walk off the ground yelling abuse at the fans/opposing team because they got a rough decision. This whole episode just goes to show what a bunch of sore losers the Aussie cricket team are.
Err, right. Katich was given out with one of the worst lbw decisions you'll ever see, after batting for half a day trying to save a test and doing nothing wrong and he mouthed off and he's a "sore loser"? He couldn't have just, you know, been frustrated?

Anyway, the fines are about on the money I think, although I'm surprised Katich got 50% when 25% would have seemed more appropriate.

Dasa

FaaipDeOiad said:
Anyway, the fines are about on the money I think, although I'm surprised Katich got 50% when 25% would have seemed more appropriate.
Yeah, if Ponting only got fined 75%, 50% is too much for Katich. I didn't have that much of a problem with that Katich did anyway, he had a reason to feel hard done by.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err, right. Katich was given out with one of the worst lbw decisions you'll ever see, after batting for half a day trying to save a test and doing nothing wrong and he mouthed off and he's a "sore loser"? He couldn't have just, you know, been frustrated?

I have seen worser decisions given to Lara and he has always handled himself with aplomb. It is not like Katich is a youngster, is it? I have seen him given LBW by an umpire off Ntini bowling over the wicket. It was way worser than the Katich LBW, remember that.

Slats4ever

difference is honestbharani...

Context... Context... Heat of the moment is going to be far hotter in an Ashes test in that situation than against Lara playing Zimbabwe, remember that.

Deja moo

International Captain
I dont think Lara has ever blown his lid on the field be it against Zim or Eng/Aus, Slats. Hes in a totally different league.

Slats4ever

neither have a lot of Australian players, yet it's convenient to only focus on the negatives here isn't it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Lara is a very cool customer. I don't see the reason for the vitriol against Katich though. As bad behaviour goes, it was more understandable and less severe than most.