• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Their bismal performances in the tests will more than compensate for their improved ODI play, though.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Bangladesh to maybe win one ODI.
I would hope the Sri Lankans rest the regulars and give some of the fringe players a chance to show what they can do.

I would rest Murali, Sangakkara, Vaas, (and the injury prone duo of ) Dilhara, Zoysa etc, and even Mahela - and fill their spots with suitable others in the ODIs to see what these players who have promised but failed to deliver in the past can do -

This would mean playing Kalavitigoda, Prasanna Jayawardene as Wicket keeper, Van Dort, Ian Daniel, New spinner Weerakoon , Jayaprakashdaran, Dilhara Lokuhettige etc.

I would be quite happy even if SL only just manage to win the ODI series, if they can give a lot of the potentials a chance to play International Cricket and see what they do.

I expect Bangla to win more than one ODI !! :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This would mean playing Kalavitigoda, Prasanna Jayawardene as Wicket keeper, Van Dort, Ian Daniel, New spinner Weerakoon , Jayaprakashdaran, Dilhara Lokuhettige etc.
This would mean Sri Lanka losing the series. Giving all these players a go at various stages of the series, and resting some of the stars for each match, is a good idea against Bangladesh, but to rest everyone at once would be rediculous, and far too risky.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Prince EWS said:
This would mean Sri Lanka losing the series. Giving all these players a go at various stages of the series, and resting some of the stars for each match, is a good idea against Bangladesh, but to rest everyone at once would be rediculous, and far too risky.
A Good point !!

But losing 1-2 games should not be the end of the World or considered that disastrous that fringe players are not given a chance and the same old warhorses like Jayasuriya and Murali are given further opportunity to kill a dead snake like Bangla and look great !!!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JASON said:
How long did that take you to type :D

dinu23

International Debutant
I agree with u Jason. giving the fringe players a chance is a good idea, specially against a weak team like Bangladesh. but I wouldn't rest Mahela. he showed some form in the recent ODI series so I would give him the captaincy, only in the ODI series mind u!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
JASON said:
A Good point !!

But losing 1-2 games should not be the end of the World or considered that disastrous that fringe players are not given a chance and the same old warhorses like Jayasuriya and Murali are given further opportunity to kill a dead snake like Bangla and look great !!!
The object of the game is to win.

Resting a few players here and there against Bangladesh doesnt hurt, but resting half the squad and serioulsy risking a series loss is just ludicrous!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
SRI should win byt after BAN good performances over here they & the rest of the world will be hoping to see them build on that........

Craig

World Traveller
Didn't Sri Lanka do that before against Bangladesh? Rested a whole bunch of regulars and still cake walked it in the end.

BTW when does the series begin?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON, some people think the inclusion of Zimbabawe and Bangladesh in international cricket has devalued it. Therefore, resting regulars would further damage the image of international cricket. Besides, it is unfair to 'drop' people because they are the best ... it makes no sense :p

dinu23

International Debutant
Craig said:
Didn't Sri Lanka do that before against Bangladesh? Rested a whole bunch of regulars and still cake walked it in the end.

BTW when does the series begin?
28 - practice OD match
30 - first ODI

dinu23

International Debutant
my ODI team:
1.Upul Tharanga
2.Avishka Gunawardene
3.Kumar Sangakkara
4.Mahela Jayawardene
5.TM Dilshan
6.Russel Arnold
7.Dilhara Lokuhettige
8.Upul Chandana
9.Chaminda Vaas
10.Farveez maharoof
11.Dilhara Fernando

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah i want to see Michael Vandort play, apparently he is pretty good but I haven't seen him in action.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
My ODI Team:

1. Javed Omar
2. Shahriah Nafees
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Habibul Bashar
5. Mohammad Ashraful
6. Tushar Imran
7. Khaled Mashud
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Mortaza