• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fair enough Freddy....I eat my words

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As someone who's always labelled Flintoff as an overated Test cricketer, I like to say for the record he's proved me totally wrong.

Against the best opposition under the extreme pressure and expectation he's been nothing short of outstanding !!!

I always thought he'd be more than handy with the ball, but thought the Aussies would find weaknesses in his batting technique. Obviously this hasn't happened, therefore time for me to eat my words.

Well done Flintoff !!!!

As for my pre-ashes prediction of 4-5 nil to Australia.......Another red face :wacko:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can almost picture the wide smile on Swervy's face :p

At least you've admitted you were wrong, a lot more than what some others do. Flintoff indeed is a champion.

Zinzan

Jono said:
I can almost picture the wide smile on Swervy's face :p

At least you've admitted you were wrong, a lot more than what some others do. Flintoff indeed is a champion.
Yes, well unlike some others on this forum (I won't mention names) I do call it as i see it and am happy to say I was wrong with flintoff, particularly as I've enjoyed watching him take it to the Aussies in this series

PY

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
Yes, well unlike some others on this forum (I won't mention names) I do call it as i see it and am happy to say I was wrong with flintoff, particularly as I've enjoyed watching him take it to the Aussies in this series
Good on ya for taking it on the chin and at least saying that you were wrong. :)

Swervy

International Captain
zinzan12 said:
fair play mate..but next time listen to your uncle Swervy :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff, for mine, is in the top 5-10 bowlers in the world right now. He has an excellent technique with the bat as well, and could be very good there if he played sensibly a bit more often. An excellent cricketer.

Craig

World Traveller
FaaipDeOiad said:
Flintoff, for mine, is in the top 5-10 bowlers in the world right now. He has an excellent technique with the bat as well, and could be very good there if he played sensibly a bit more often. An excellent cricketer.
Indeed. If he wants to be considered a batsman he needs to bat like one and he has with out changing his natural game.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Just wondering what the "10" part is doing there?
Oh, well I dunno. I'd say he'd be very close to 5, definately in the top 10.

There's McGrath, Murali and Warne who are clearly the best, and then guys like Shoaib, Kumble, Vass, Bond... I guess Gillespie probably doesn't rate any more. I think you could argue that say Shoaib and Kumble could make the top 5 ahead of him. Either way, he's right up there.

Zinzan

FaaipDeOiad said:
Oh, well I dunno. I'd say he'd be very close to 5, definately in the top 10.

There's McGrath, Murali and Warne who are clearly the best, and then guys like Shoaib, Kumble, Vass, Bond... I guess Gillespie probably doesn't rate any more. I think you could argue that say Shoaib and Kumble could make the top 5 ahead of him. Either way, he's right up there.
possibly top 5 ...definately top 10