• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar, Bond or Lee?

C_C

International Captain
So far:

Tests :

1. Akhtar
2. Bond
3. Lee

ODIs:

1. Lee
2. Akhtar
3. Bond

I think Bond is more advanced as a bowler than either those two so by the end of their careers, i think Bond might overshadow them both.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Deja moo said:
Pace, accuracy, brains, comebackability....Bonds got it all.

I'm now a big fan.
Bond by far for me. I just think he has so much more to offer than just pace !!! Where as the other two (aktar and lee) as dangerous as they are don't seem to have so much to offer.

wahindiawah

Banned
Talking about Lee, i think he has been more of a dissapointment, infact i think Tait is a much better prospect than Lee.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I say Bond, but of course I would, wouldn't I?

Because he's ours and because he seems a nice bloke as well as being a good bowler, like after the last game he said "personal milestones are nice, but it's better just to have contributed to a win" or something a lot like that, and he doesn't sledge either.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
wahindiawah said:
Talking about Lee, i think he has been more of a dissapointment, infact i think Tait is a much better prospect than Lee.
whats made Lee such a disappointment???

magsi23

U19 Debutant
MoxPearl said:
I think bond is the far smarter than the 3...

However he has yet to be tested in a test after coming back from injury (Zimbabwe is hardly a test)

At the moment:

Tests: Akhtar
ODI: Bond

But in the future i would expect bond to pass akhtar in the tests....

Deifinetly has a potential

Piper

International Captain
cricket player said:
Good to see you being involved into cricket Piper.
I pop in here from time to time and if i think i have an opinion which is worth saying i say it but it doesnt happen a lot coz my knowledge isnt as great as most people here :shy:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Akhtar by a mile for me.

In Tests it really is no contest when you actually look beyond the bare number.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Akhtar by a mile for me.

In Tests it really is no contest when you actually look beyond the bare number.
It seems like a lot of people don't think much of Akhtar...maybe because of his (perceived) attitude problems?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well for me, of the 3 he's the only one who'd come close to making an England Test side - which is about as good a way to make the call as any I'd say.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Well for me, of the 3 he's the only one who'd come close to making an England Test side - which is about as good a way to make the call as any I'd say.
am bot Bond & Lee could make England's test side over Hoggard & Jones (dont get carried away with his current form now) :p

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:

Lol as if Bond wouldn't make the English side. They may be good Marc but don't get carried away.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sure Akhtar can be devastating, but he can also be a Captains nightmare if he doesn't have things go the right way for him.