• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar, Bond or Lee?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
sean what are you going to do when Dave Mohammed dies??? :p
He won't die for a long time. He's destined to take 1,000 test wickets first.

and besides, I've got others to obsess over: Jamie Lyon, Rachel Brown, Andrea Corr, Jamie Lyon, Keiron Cunningham, Rachel Brown, James Anderson, Jamie Lyon, Sharon Corr, Caroline Corr, Jamie Lyon, Rachel Brown, Paul Sculthorpe. Did I mention Jamie Lyon or Rachel Brown?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Stop this Dave Mohammad mentionings,
Why? Dave Mohammed's just too cool for you. You and I and Shane Warne and Murali can only dream of bowling spin as good as Dave Mohammed, but that's no need to be jealous of him. No, we should worship Dave Mohammed, not envy Dave Mohammed.

DAVE MOHAMMED!!!!

cricket player

International Debutant
steds said:
Why? Dave Mohammed's just too cool for you. You and I and Shane Warne and Murali can only dream of bowling spin as good as Dave Mohammed, but that's no need to be jealous of him. No, we should worship Dave Mohammed, not envy Dave Mohammed.

DAVE MOHAMMED!!!!
Open a Church by the name of DAVE MOHAMMED me and Aussie will come praying every sunday :happy:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Open a Church by the name of DAVE MOHAMMED me and Aussie will come praying every sunday :happy:
:laugh: :lol: yea what should be the pening prayer father god please bless us in the name of the father, son & dave mohammed :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
On Fardin...

Probably Akhtar, then Bond, then Lee. But Bond is sure as hell impressing me at the mo.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Bond is the superior bowler of the three and has always been.

I said something about Bond a year ago and was roundly criticised. I think the timing is better now after yesterday's bowling. :D

PS: I didnt see yesterday's match so dont know if he is really bowling as great as when one last saw him.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
PS: I didnt see yesterday's match so dont know if he is really bowling as great as when one last saw him.
He was utterly superb. The thing with Bond is that he is a smart bowler - he used a perfect mix of short balls, full balls, straight ones and inswingers. He could have had a couple more - a couple of big inswingers pitched outside off and went over the top of leg.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Redman said:
He was utterly superb. The thing with Bond is that he is a smart bowler - he used a perfect mix of short balls, full balls, straight ones and inswingers. He could have had a couple more - a couple of big inswingers pitched outside off and went over the top of leg.
I last saw him before his injury and he was clearly a great fast bowler with everything. Speed, movement, control...everything. Itwas exciting to watch even though he was ripping the batting sides including India's. I have never been as disappointed with a non-Indian cricketer's injury as I have been with Bond's.

He was very very good. I am a big time fan. :)

cricket player

International Debutant
I agree aussie,

I havent even seen bond bowling in test matches as of yet,He is just a new comer and to put him ahead of lee and Akhtar is just stupidity.

Blaze

Banned
At their very best I would say Akhtar is better than Bond and Bond is better than Lee.

But Bond seems smarter than the other two.

cricket player

International Debutant
Blaze said:
At their very best I would say Akhtar is better than Bond and Bond is better than Lee.

But Bond seems smarter than the other two.
Yup with good line and lenght bond is better in term of consistency.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
I think bond is the far smarter than the 3...

However he has yet to be tested in a test after coming back from injury (Zimbabwe is hardly a test)

At the moment:

Tests: Akhtar
ODI: Bond

But in the future i would expect bond to pass akhtar in the tests....

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
aussie said:
diagree mate how can Bond be rated higher than Lee & Akhtar in test, Akhtar is superior to both of them in test.
Yeah, my mistake, I meant it to go Akhtar, Bond, Lee.

thierry henry

International Coach
Bond may well be the best of 3. Unfortunately he just hasn't played enough international cricket to really prove it. I don't know if he ever will. I hope he gets 3 or 4 more years in where he is injury free and doesn't lose any pace.