Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time to change the Aussie captain?

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    ur just annoyed because of his performaces in this series, u cant tell me u seriously didn't think Ponting was skipper material when he was 1st selected in 2002.
    Nope, I haven't liked Ponting since he first came on the scene. I think he is a good batsmen, but I knew when he got in that fist-fight in Tassie years ago he'll never be a great captain (meaning great as in Alan Border, Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh). I'm not saying "oh look at him, he gets drunk and had a punch on year ago, he can't be captain", I'm just saying that I just thought then that he probebly won't have the characteristics to make him a great cpatain, and that wasn't based on what he actually did, it just clicked in my head. He can do the job, but I don't think he is the right guy to do it, but I can't name any alternatives at this stage as I said before, I can't think of anyone who could be a great captain in the team at the momment.

But as I said, regardless on my bias, he won't and shouldn't be sacked unless he manages to loose or draw (I should say, it has to be a bad draw too, like a narrow escape) a series at home this summer.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    Seriously though, he had one slip in for Ashley Giles, and three men stopping the leg-side shots he doesn't play the other day. He just has no idea who he is playing against, or what their strengths and weaknesses are. There was a time, under Steve Waugh, when Australia would exploit any weakness in a player ruthlessly - now, they just stick the fielders anywhere and hope for a wicket.

i think Buchanan is responsible for 50% of the garbage tactics atm.

listening to triple M Liz Ellis reakons (and Taylor and Matthews agreed) that the biggest problem for Australia atm seems to be Paralysis of analysis - over analysing their games, they just need to get back the the basics and do them well.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information