• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC awards in Sydney

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Who do you think should win the various awards?

For me one person looks favourite for umpire of the year: Aleem dar

King_Ponting

International Regular
Pratyush said:
Who do you think should win the various awards?

For me one person looks favourite for umpire of the year: Aleem dar
Haha not after that last decision. Simon Taufel for me

greg

International Debutant
Trent Bridge is a notoriously difficult ground for umpires, because of the high no. of LBW decisions. Aleem Dar has had a stunner in this match compared to what Taufel had to go through last year.

Piper

International Captain
King_Ponting said:
Haha not after that last decision. Simon Taufel for me
I could have killed him after his decision against Martyn... Simon Taufel for me.... but i like Bowden too tho...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm a huge Simon Taufel fan (ever since he let the duck interview him) and I think it's really him or Aleem Dar (although seeing as Shep retires next month I think he'll get a lifetime achievement award).

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ok here's my predictions for the various categories

Cricketer of the Year; Test Player of the Year - Flintoff
One-Day International Player of the Year - Afridi, Flintoff, Symonds
Emerging Player of the Year - DeViliiers (not sure)

Test Team of the Year - England (for a change)
One-Day International Team of the Year - Australia or Pakistan
Spirit of Cricket Award - England

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
My tentative list:

Cricketer of the Year; Test Player of the Year, LOI player of the year - Flintoff
Emerging Player of the Year - DeViliiers (if he fulfills qualification criteria)

Test Team of the Year - England (for a change)
One-Day International Team of the Year - Australia
Spirit of Cricket Award - I thought last year India and Pakistan should have won it joint. This year I think it should go to the entire cricket world for the spirit it displayed afetr the Tsunami. Symbolically it can be given to all the players who participated in the game.