• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODIs or 20/20 ?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
50 overs ODIs. The day 20/20 takes over ODIs, I will stop watching ODIs. It's a disgrace to cricket.
In fairness, as long as it knows its place (a single mid-week evening game every series) then I'd let it live. I did go to a Twenty20 last year and the atmosphere was simply electric, and I'd never seen as many children at a cricket match. If one tenth of those go on to play club cricket, then it's all good.

Bums on seats, and sod the traditionalists - but NOT at the expense of the rest of the game.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
shounak said:
20/20's dragging in more viewers though. We wouldn't have a world cup or any of these ubiquitous one day tournaments if Kerry Packer hadn't used his noodle a few years ago.
Sorry, you can give Packer credit for just about every improvement the game's seen from the point of view of the players, but I'm afraid you can't give him credit for the World Cup.

That started in 1975, pre-dating the "Packer Circus" by over 2 years.

Monty

U19 Cricketer
i think 20/20 is a great idea
it is better for kids to watch and i might get them to go out an play cricket which means that the standard of the game will improve

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
Oh... no... think of the children.
That's exactly what I was thinking when you made the same threat, when Australia came close to winning the 2nd test. Crying that you'd not watch cricket anymore.

How ironic that you come up with a response like that. :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
That's exactly what I was thinking when you made the same threat, when Australia came close to winning the 2nd test. Crying that you'd not watch cricket anymore.

How ironic that you come up with a response like that. :)
Err no, I said I would stop watching the Ashes because I've no interest in seeing England get stuffed by Australia again.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
Err no, I said I would stop watching the Ashes because I've no interest in seeing England get stuffed by Australia again.
Rather watch a Twenty20 eh? :happy: