• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taibue(The clueless captain)

cricket player

International Debutant
I am really disappointed they way he has lead the zimbabwean side,It was absloute carnage from the new zealanders to say the least,Around 20 fours were hit in the off side region and taibue wasnt even doing anything about it,he should have a fielder cover the boundry in the off side rather then keeping all the fielders inside the cricle in last 10 overs,.

I really do feel sorry for him at the same time he is just a young man who is clue less,I am hoping that zimbabwe will make a strong come back againts India,

I really feel sorry for the players in the zimbabwean side,They are facing the worst days of their lives,Some of them have lost their houses moved to a different country etc,

I want zimbabwe to come back strongly I really want them to do well, :)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Public schoolboy cricketing nation, with a few talented club standard fellows thrown in, always been the Zim way. Why so surprised?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah, I feel sorry for them too. IT is really unfortunate to see a once good side to come down to this level.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
It's sad they had such a good side with the flower brothers, Alistar Cambell, Guy Whittall, the strang brothers etc. what happened to Ray Price ?

Deja moo

International Captain
Just because they're white doesnt autonatically mean they're great cricketers. IMO, its a grass roots problem. Theyre not developing enough talent and the governments policies are also pi$$ing off potential talents from taking to the game whole heartedly.

Deja moo

International Captain
One solution:

Merge Zimbabwe and Kenya into one East African team.

The West Indies have been playing as a multi national team for decades now.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deja moo said:
One solution:

That's actually not a bad idea. You could bet anything Mugabe wouldn't even think about it, though.

Taibu really is one of the better players of the team, it's just a pity everyone else is so crap

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Yeah I guess it's a possibility but as one the situation may get worse. KCA is charged with corruption and together two African govts may cause conflicting views and cause political problems.
Nice idea though but I don't think it would work out practically. Also the pride for playing for one's on country is unmatched so the players may not be as motivated as if it was just for their own country. West Indies are great example of how it could work though

Deja moo

International Captain
andyc said:
That's actually not a bad idea. You could bet anything Mugabe wouldn't even think about it, though.
yup. Actually if Mugabe didnt exist, we probably wouldnt need that idea anyway :mellow: .

King_Ponting

International Regular
Deja moo said:
One solution:

Thats so crazy..... it might just work. Top idea.

Chubb

International Regular
Little bit harsh on Taibu I think CP. He's labouring under enormous difficulties, and he is still relatively inexperienced. Streak would make a better captain but the ZC aren't ever going to let a white man captain the full national side again.

Taibu isn't stupid, he's had a very good standard of education, as all of the Zimbabweans have. The scholarship programme was a rare example of the ZCU doing something riht because it allowed guys like taibu, Masakadza etc from the high-density suburbs (the kind of places that have recently been bulldozed in Operation Clean Sweep) into the elite public schools of Zimbabwe. For example, Waddy Mwayenga's dad used to keep the grounds at St. Johns College, the best school in Zimbabwe, and Waddy got in there as a student, a huge one-generation leap.

Zimbabwean cricket mirrors the decline of the country as a whole, and indeed for a time mirrored its success in the integration of both races and classes. Once Mugabe has gone then think you'll see a far better side. It's just how long that is going to take.

Langeveldt

Soutie
You could at least have the dignity to spell his name correctly if you are going to slag him off...

The ICC say they do not make decisions on political grounds.. Thats totally fair enough!
They also by the looks of things don't make decisions on cricketing grounds..

So, what is it exactly that they do?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
Zimbabwean cricket mirrors the decline of the country as a whole, and indeed for a time mirrored its success in the integration of both races and classes. Once Mugabe has gone then think you'll see a far better side. It's just how long that is going to take.
But will there be many cultures left to integrate? Its hard to reverse their brain drain/white flight seeing as most of their professionals are probably now living in Perth or London..

Chubb

International Regular
Well I'm thinking that should there be a reversal of the situation, Mugabe gone, Zanu broken, economy recovering etc. then people would want to return. I understand the wage difference but with economic recovery would come higher wages and a slow influx back into the country. I refuse to believe that Zimbabwe is totally finished as a functioning state. They had come too far to descend down to the level of the DR Congo or Sudan.

cricket player

International Debutant
Guys I am sorry for misspelling taibu,s name,

Anyways zimbabwe is my favourite team,They were such a good team back in the 1999 They could have beaten any body infact they did beat India,Sri lanka,Pakistan,west Indies and the list goes on the flower brothers were the main players for Zimbabwe and now they are gone no body is their withe experience exept heath streak.

So many youngsters left the zimbabwean side along side with heath Streak not knowing that Streak will be back playing for the team that he INFLUENCED others not to play for.

Death to Heath Streak and Mugabe.