• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taibue(The clueless captain)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Deja moo said:
One solution:

Merge Zimbabwe and Kenya into one East African team.

The West Indies have been playing as a multi national team for decades now.
That's an excellent idea.

Only one flaw.

They should also merge with Namibia :) YES I AM MAD BUT THEY WOULD FORM A POTENTIALY AWESOME SIDE!

Shounak

Banned
Streak's a gun captain. In Australia he really represented his team well. Ok noone really expected them to win the tournament. You had two of the best sides in cricket vs. a second rung team.

He put up consistent solid performances with both the bat and the ball, which is no mean feat against cricketing nations of Australia and India's calibre.

I also remember one part of one the matches where the sun was glaring like crazy. I think it was silly mid on who couldn't see a thing due to the sun glare. Like literally nothing. Streak moved into that position himself and relieved one of the youngsters (haha) and sent them off to where he was. He then went on to drop a catch but it showed his leadership qualities.

Also seems like a top bloke all round..

Shounak

Banned
And what happened to Blignaut playing for Tazzie? I remember they cancelled his contract so he can go play for Zimbabwe. But I don't remember him playing any matches before that.

shaka

International Regular
Streak put in quite a strong performance in the Nz v Zim game on Wednesday, a score of 40 something and economical bowling in terms of overall runs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Langeveldt said:
You could at least have the dignity to spell his name correctly if you are going to slag him off...

The ICC say they do not make decisions on political grounds.. Thats totally fair enough!
They also by the looks of things don't make decisions on cricketing grounds..

So, what is it exactly that they do?
I think they don't make decisions. period.

Langeveldt

Soutie
cricket player said:
Death to Heath Streak

Ok im trying not to go mental.. trying really hard... He is quite possibly one of the most dignified players in world cricket, someone who only wants to play for the country he loves.. Why dont you think before you speak?

cricket player

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Ok im trying not to go mental.. trying really hard... He is quite possibly one of the most dignified players in world cricket, someone who only wants to play for the country he loves.. Why dont you think before you speak?
Oh ok Maybe I was wrong saying "Death to heath" but to be honest he also plays a role destroying the zimbabwean team,

Langeveldt

Soutie
cricket player said:
Oh ok Maybe I was wrong saying "Death to heath" but to be honest he also plays a role destroying the zimbabwean team,
He's one of about three international standard players left playing for them... He's holding the thing up, not destroying it..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Ah yes, sorry, so thats why everyone seems to be celebrating his rubbish...

Lets go attack some newbies...
Got anyone in mind? (squerty - mind you, we've probably seen the last of him)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Guys I am sorry for misspelling taibu,s name,

Anyways zimbabwe is my favourite team,They were such a good team back in the 1999 They could have beaten any body infact they did beat India,Sri lanka,Pakistan,west Indies and the list goes on the flower brothers were the main players for Zimbabwe and now they are gone no body is their withe experience exept heath streak.

So many youngsters left the zimbabwean side along side with heath Streak not knowing that Streak will be back playing for the team that he INFLUENCED others not to play for.

Death to Heath Streak and Mugabe.
Fardin, Do you even know what you are talking about ?? Heath Streak at least tried and god knows he tried damn hard. It's the F@cking ICC which just doesn't have the balls to deal with the reality. Really every time I hear the name Heath Streak, I feel so sorry for him, his family for what he has been going through all along. The guy is a bigger fighter than Andy Flower and Henry Olonga. If he wanted he could easily have gone to England and played county cricket etc but he goes back to Zimbabwe despite all. My hats off to him.

As for your 'Death to Streak', I dont think I have come across a more stupid post on CW than that. Really Shame on you.